Updated: May 9 2012
||Production Engineering, Stimulation
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Houston, TX, United States
NES Global Talent's Executive Search division is recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer for our owner/operator client within Houston, TX.
Our client is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the position of Production Engineer. The production engineer will work with a team of reservoir and production engineers, geologists, engineering technicians, and field operations personnel to maintain base production and develop new programs for capital reinvestment.
• Duties involve well surveillance, identifying and carrying out production improvement opportunities on wells, facilities, operations.
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve production through optimization and stimulation of wells in gas, light oil and heavy oil.
• Implement reservoir surveillance to improve performance of fluid injection projects.
• Identify and implement opportunities for cost reduction.
• Help support technical excellence of the operating staff and field operating personnel, and work closely with other multi-discipline teams.
• Manage capital programs involving project management of drilling and re-completions of existing wells from planning to execution, providing cost evaluations and assessments through to project tracking.
• Coordinates reviews with field operations and engineering personnel to optimize individual well performance.
• Display a strong understanding of hydraulic fracturing, and its application and re-application throughout field life.
• Artificial lift (Rod pump, gas lift and ESP's) and stimulation experience (Frac, acid) is a must
• Understanding of formation damage, identification and remediation.
• Ability to identify, develop, execute and continually improve profitable workover/completion projects
• Ability to make technically sound decisions and recommendations with less than perfect or incomplete data sets.
• Proven success in identifying and executing value-added projects
• Display strong knowledge of production engineering concepts and applications
• Possess effective technical presentation and writing skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment with office-based and field-based technical staff.
• Good problem solving skills, communication skills, time management skills, and established drive for results.
• Functions well in team-based environment; can effectively establish and maintain peer relationships
• Is comfortable when dealing with ambiguity
• Capable of handling multiple jobs simultaneously and planning projects independently
• Is willing to coach and mentor others
• Capable of managing changing priorities
• BS degree in Engineering (preferably in Petroleum Engineering)
• A minimum of 5 years Production Engineering experience
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Proficiency in surveillance and tracking software such as DSS, LOWIS, Openwells or industry equivalents.
• Artificial lift experience
• Hydraulic fracturing experience
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available