Updated: Jun 26 2012
||Bakersfield, CA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
To ensure that the Region proactively develops and implements Weatherford's Competence Assurance Program.
This role will serve as the Region focal point that directs, coordinates, and approves strategies linked with employee development to enable continual improvement of the workforce and encourage the ideals "One Weatherford".
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the development of competency standards and training plans for all product/service lines within the Region.
• Responsible for the implementation of the Competence Assurance Program and the Employee Development System (EDS) within the business units in each geographical region.
• Develop strategies that continually improve personnel competency within the business unit.
• Focal point for the marketing of Weatherford's Competence Assurance Program and Employee Development System within the business unit.
• Assist with the development of academic and on-the-job training materials to ensure compatibility with Competence Assurance Program.
• Oversee/monitor training activities involving Competence Assurance Program assessors, administrators, and champions.
• Coordinate implementation, follow-up, and audit schedules within each geographical region.
• Identify areas requiring additional improvement and work with business unit and regional personnel to develop and implement improvement plans.
• Liaison with clients, third parties, and internal clients with the provision of presentations to increase awareness of Competence Assurance Program and EDS.
• Liaison with regulatory and industry bodies.
• Interface between Service Line, Corporate and Regional management.
• Interact with Corporate and non business unit personnel to optimize gathering/sharing of data to promote "One Weatherford".
• Provide quarterly and other reports regarding competency and training.
• Actively promote Safety and EEP initiatives.
Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Proficient in supporting technical writing, presentations, development of training materials and manuals.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
Excellent leadership skills with experience in directing activities of remote staff.
Willingness and ability to travel.
Good inter-personal skills that result in the ability to influence company personnel, at all levels, to promote the Competence Assurance Program and EDS.
Dynamic and proactive, able to work with minimal supervision.
Operational field experience in both the upstream or downstream oil industry.
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available