Updated: Jun 13 2013
||Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
||Dubai UAE, United Arab Emirates
Closed - No longer accepting applications
My client is an independent oil service company. They are urgently looking for a Contracts Manager to be based in their office in Dubai.
The Contracts Manager is a key member of the Contracts Function and has primary responsibility and accountability for the pre-award management of all Client Contracts for services and/or products, including the provision of support during the execution phase of the Contract until its conclusion.
The Contracts Manager is also responsible in coordination with the Supply Chain team for the management of all wellsite subcontracts which offer products and/or services associated with our Client Contracts, and for the resolution of all Contractual issues in accordance with our Client Contracts Risk Standard.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures that the company's Client Contracts for products and/or services signed in the are in compliance with the Client Contracts Risk Standard, or have an exemption granted as per the Client Contracts Risk Standard exemption approval process.
- Participates in the tender evaluation, assessment and response process with Sales & Marketing to ensure Contract-related items are properly addressed.
- Reviews and assesses the liabilities present in our Client Contracts in order to provide expert advice to our segment operations managers and management team.
- Completes a Contracts Rating Sheet for each Contract reviewed.
- Manages the Reviews; raise exceptions and negotiates proposed Client Contracts for services and/or products in tenders or direct Contract negotiations and for wellsite subcontracts proposed by subcontractors.
- Manages Contracts claims or disputes with the support of the Legal
- Interacts with all other support functions and departments ensuring the Contracts Function involvement in all matters related to Client Contracts and/or wellsite subcontracts.
- Collaborates with the Legal Department, as appropriate to ensure contractual risks are clearly identified and properly addressed in contractual provisions.
- Drafts, proposes, obtains approval and implements tender procedures, Contractual procedures, practices and guidelines.
- Negotiates and closes Contractual disputes with our Clients, being responsible for negotiation strategies, resolution and follow up in coordination with the Legal and the Marketing Department.
- Conducts periodic contractual audits to measure the level of contractual compliance in the as well as identifies areas of improvement.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Degree in Business Management, Engineering, Law, Finance or equivalent. Should have worked in an Oilfield Service Company or equivalent.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available