Updated: Aug 2 2012
||Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer, Petroleum Engineering, Geomechanics, Well Bore Stability, 1D, 3D, field development, real time geomechanics
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
I am currently looking for outstanding candidates to fill this South America-based role for my client - a leading global oil company. This position is suitable for an experienced Geomechanics engineers with the following experience and qualifications:
Essential Job Experience:
The key capabilities and experiences for this position are:
• Ability to support drilling operations through real time Geomechanics and Well Bore Stability studies for drilled wells
• Applying Geomechanical models to optimize fracture stimulation, drilling and well placement; minimize reservoir compaction, surface subsidence and sand production.
• Provide real-time decision support to the drilling team to maximize drilling efficiency and minimize risk while achieving the well objectives.
• Mentor the client team on 1D and 3D Geomechanics technologies and workflows.
• Integrate the Geomechanics solution with other domains in the FDP team.
• Advise clients on drilling, stimulation, and sanding problems issues and solutions through the use of Geomechanics solutions.
• Provide active mentoring to the technical community, exploration geoscientists and/or technicians assigned to work on a common project.
3 years + industry experience.
Experience in 3D Geomechanics modeling and simulation.
Experience with 1D Mechanical Earth Models and Well Bore Stability studies.
Hands-on 1D and 3D Geomechanics, Real-Time Geomechanics, and well bore stability analysis.
Hands-on experience with Petrel Software.
Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum, Geology or Geophysics
Additional Required Skills:
Language skills - written and spoken proficiency in both English and Spanish.
Skilled communicator with strong analytical abilities.
Strong teamwork, presentation and people skills.
Good client-facing skills.
Adaptability to consulting services environments.
Salary/benefits and package:
This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to join a fantastic company with excellent potential for career progression and a generous salary package on offer.
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the required criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to succeed as Geomechanics engineer with this company and wish to take advantage of this considerable opportunity please respond to this advert.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available