Johnstone & Ritchie Professional Search
Updated: Jun 20 2012
||Construction Manager, Facilities Manager, Construction experience - Mechanical oil & gas; Facilities and Pipeline required; Electrical and/or Civil experience an asset; Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan experience required; Expertise managing projects in the $1-15 million range
||Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Facilities Construction Manager will be based out of the Calgary office. The Facilities Construction Manager will be an integral member of the Project Management Services team and will be responsible for managing the construction aspects of multiple concurrent projects in facilities management. This position is expected to support Project Managers, Operations and Engineering to define scope, identify and institute new ideas, to determine constructability, operability and safety, supporting best practices and operational excellence. This position will be expected to have a strong component of contractor management, including optimizing schedules, health and safety and quality.
Activities and Responsibilities
The Facilities Construction Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Review and input on AFE estimates from construction perspective;
• Review and input on QC/QA requirements and standards for construction activities;
• Ensure drawings are complete at IFC stage for construction.
• Support PM's and Procurement to qualify and select construction contractors for bid lists;
• Review construction bid documents for accuracy;
• Identify and oversee field /contractor purchases and receiving at site.
• Oversee and manage the construction aspects of multiple projects simultaneously;
• Qualify and hire Inspectors. Oversee Inspectors on multiple projects;
• Organize construction component across entire program of projects;
• Schedule inspectors, construction crews;
• Ensure onsite materials receiving;
• Ensure construction activities are scheduled & organized according to project requirements;
• Ensure that construction follows drawings and specifications;
• Oversee regulatory requirements met pre, during, and post construction;
• Instill and monitor quality program during construction;
• Ensure Construction costs within budget and change order process is followed;
• Ensure documentation for start-up commissioning is developed and followed;
• Coordinate with operations for handover of project.
Health & Safety
• Support HSE to ensure Contractor management program is followed;
• Train contractors on expected company requirements for onsite management;
• Ensure company HSE safety program is followed;
• Support incident review process when required.
• Provide weekly status reports;
• Work with PM and operations to create deficiency lists;
• Ensure inspectors are reporting as required;
• Ensure contractors are tracking work and invoicing as per company requirements;
• Ensure handover of required construction, quality and safety documents at project completion.
Processes and Systems
• Utilize all appropriate IT systems that support project work;
• Create baseline schedules for construction portions of project;
• Continuous improvement of project processes and systems;
• Assist in the development of design standards;
• Review and update Construction Manual for projects;
• Ensure company Policies and Procedures are being followed by all construction personnel;
• Training of construction personnel as per company requirements.
Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 10 years of Construction experience - mechanical oil & gas, facilities and pipeline required; electrical and/or civil experience an asset;
• Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan experience preferred;
• Expertise managing projects in the $1-15 million range;
• Experience managing people and contractors;
• Field and office experience preferred;
• Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, mentor and train;
• Ability to travel to field locations; Up to 50% travel to sites is expected.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Self-starter and independent worker able to set priorities and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available