Updated: Jul 25 2012
||Project Controls, Project Management, Primavera 6 Software
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Project Control Administrator helps transforms business strategy into executable work plans and schedules by identifying the required objectives and the activities needed to complete them. To manage the Project Controls (PC) function within the Ship Design & Construction department with particular emphasis for the China ship construction project. The role will enable the project team to deliver key data and management information with transparency to schedule, cost and reporting.
- Ensure all planning aspects of the project are consistent with project Health, Safety, Security and Environmental requirements.
- Management of the Project Controls function including interface management whilst ensuring alignment of the PC processes among all stakeholders.
- Works to meet the needs of the Project Manager with a customer service oriented approach.
- Thoroughly understanding, customizing to ensure ''fit for purpose'' and improving processes prescribed by BG Group (e.g. The BG Way, Unifier Suite of software, Baseline Schedule development and management, Performance Status and Reporting, Baseline Change Control, Risk Management, Earned Value Management, Program Controls Management System (PCMS) processes, guidance and tools, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain project plans and schedules, coordinates project procedures, including change order/variation order registers, and methods and norms for planning and scheduling.
- Develop hierarchical and auditable project plans from level 0 (overall scope of work) down to level 3 as required for individual project scope of work including, at times, consultations with external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interface issues are identified, understood, documented and agreed to and that the schedule is monitored and reviewed.
- Lead and/or participate in the identification of risks and eliminate or implement mitigation measures. Capitalize on potential opportunities.
- Supports the preparation of the project monthly report.
- Set up and maintain ProSpace reporting where needed.
- Manage document control and interface with all document controllers involved in projects.
- To look at issues in setting up offices in foreign countries - tax, visa issues, local support contracts needed, work with HSSE manager on HSSE support.
- Provide guidance to ensure project lessons learned (and ensure directly that outturn planning data) are fed back within the asset and to internal Company project stakeholders, including BGA, for the benefit of future projects.
- Able to demonstrate the required level of commitment to HSSE, provide HSSE leadership and identify and recommend HSSE improvements within a project
- Verifiable track record in successful development and structuring of Project Controls functions in a complex Project environment
- Able to demonstrate experience in the application and integration of project management processes, systems, software applications and tools including Earned Value management
- Proven capability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders with disparate agendas and motivations
- Experience in identifying project critical success factors and risk management practices
- Able to advise and steer business/commercial aspects, and has a full understanding of strategic considerations
- Verifiable record in the successful development, support and delivery of a number of complex projects in 'medium' to 'high focus' environments, with and without joint venture partners
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage interfaces and work closely alongside operations teams during conceptual design (BG term is ''FEED''), detailed design and construction
- Minimum of 3 years proven track record of successful project management on complex projects
- Primavera 6 software experiences a must
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available