Updated: May 8 2012
||Civil Engineering, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Belle Chasse (near New Orleans), LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Chevron Oronite Company is accepting online applications for the position of Designs Engineer located in Belle Chasse, LA.
These positions are assigned to the Designs Engineering group which provides mechanical, civil, and electrical design services for the Chevron Oronite Additives plant in Belle Chasse, La. The group plays a key role in supporting the plant's goal to operate safely, optimally, reliably, predictably, and without incident at the lowest sustainable cost. This involves taking a lead role in understanding and evaluating plant performance, working closely with Operations and Maintenance to establish priorities for the work and following through with proactive design and execution of mechanical projects and improvements. Additionally, this position will require the incumbent to work on many tasks concurrently and be able to work outside of the traditional bounds of your degree.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
• Continuously works to improve personal and process safety performance at the plant and understands that all injuries, environmental issues, or business losses are preventable through proper planning and risk recognition.
• Develops relationships with customers and peer support groups inside the plant to better understand their needs and meet expectations. These include, but are not limited to: Operations, Maintenance, Reliability, Process Engineering, Small/Major Capital Projects, and others within the Design Engineering organization.
• Proactively communicates information and opportunities, both written and orally, to all levels of the organization
• Provides plant engineering support for the routine daily operation of process units.
• Actively participates in the planning and execution of unit turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
• Develops and manages engineering work requests with safety and reliability as the overshadowing requirements for the person completing the work in the field and the end user.
• Scopes/troubleshoots mechanical problems and issues, develop alternatives, and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability and safety.
• Answers technical inquiries, makes technical recommendations, provides equipment and system troubleshooting, improves designs engineering tools and develops designs engineering procedures.
• Carries out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
• Provides engineering analysis and evaluation of small capital projects typically <$1MM and is expected to execute some small capital projects from scope development to completion in the field.
• Complete PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements including Management of Change (MOC) and Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies.
• Prepare engineered equipment specifications.
• Order materials and coordinate deliveries.
• Develop project schedules and prepare cost estimates.
• Prepare appropriation/expenditure requests, and track project costs.
• Manage all aspects of construction projects.
• Assist Operations during equipment and project startup.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Electrical engineering.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in a Refinery, Process plant or equivalent manufacturing environment.
• Design engineering experience, including plant support, turnaround support, and project development and execution are desired.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available