Updated: Nov 27 2012
||Geophysicist, Geoscience Technician, Seismic
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position: Sr. Processing Geophysicist
Location: Houston, TX
Domestic Relocation: Negotiable
The Sr. Seismic Processing Geophysicist will be responsible for all phases of 2-D and 3-D time projects including generation of processing flows, parameter selection and velocity interpretation. Other responsibilities include interfacing with clients (internal or external) regarding project status and quality control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate water bottom surface from near trace cube
- Generate de-bubble and zero phasing operators
- Test and parameterize SRME processing flow for multiple removal
- Test and parameterize Radon processing flow for multiple removal
- Test and parameterize seismic interference removal
- Interpret velocity analysis from various basins throughout the world
- Test and parameterize Kirchhoff prestack time migration including anti-alias filters, dip limits, oversampling, and aperture values.
- Evaluate frequency spectrums to develop time variant filter values
- Evaluate FK spectrums to remove residual noise from seismic sections
- Evaluate FXY Decon parameters to improve signal continuity
- Test scaling techniques to improve signal balancing
- Bachelors degree in Geophysics, Geology, Physics or Math required, Masters preferred
- 10+ years experience.
- Enjoys working in a team environment but can work independently.
- Good grasp of geophysical and geological principles.
- Advanced problem solving and multi-tasking skills are needed.
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux based software packages and workstations.
- Ability to manage projects proficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to identify data problems and demonstrate workflow of solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Good command of the English language is a must.
- Motivated to produce superior quality products while adhering to project timelines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office especially PowerPoint.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company provides competitive salary and benefit packages.
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available