Updated: Jun 5 2012
||Geologist, Geophysicist, Seismic
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Entry level Seismic Interpretation Geophysicist will be responsible for interpreting data for the depth imaging projects; multi-client and proprietary (as required).
Location: Houston, TX (CityWest)
• Responsible for utilizing interpretative skills to develop salt maps for the depth imaging of seismic data
• Responsible for creating high-quality interpretation and developing innovative solutions to processing and imaging issues by working with other team members including the research organization
• Responsible for analyzing seismic, well log and biostratigraphic data to conduct integrated regional structural and stratigraphic interpretation.
• Bachelors Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Physics, or Math. Masters Preferred
• 0-2 years experience in data interpretation
• Knowledge of velocity modeling
• Able to work effectively across all levels of the organization
• Able to interact effectively with customers at all levels
• Capable of preparing and presenting professional and effective presentations
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts in written and verbal format
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus and establish trust with diverse customers
• Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify data problems and demonstrate workflow solutions.
• Strong leadership and communication skills. Good command of the English language.
• Motivated to produce superior quality products while adhering to project timelines.
• Ability to manage projects proficiently with little supervision.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company provides competitive salary and benefit packages.
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company is an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available