Updated: May 8 2012
||Drilling Consultant, Senior Drilling Engineer, ERD, MPD, UBD
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- To review the technical bids received from the bidders in response to the issued tenders and provide technical comments highlighting the merits and deficiencies of each bidder.
- Prepare technical queries arising from the evaluation of the bids and seek clarifications from the bidders.
- Prepare technical evaluation report to qualify / disqualify the bidders under each service with detailed explanation / reasons.
- Assist commercial team to prepare price bid evaluation matrix clearly mentioning the actual requirements of each bidder required for commercial evaluation.
- To prepare final technical scope of work incorporating the discussions / clarifications received from the bidders during evaluation phase which shall be included in the final contract.
- Ensure strict adherence to Safety, Health, and Environmental policies across the business.
- Conduct risk assessments and prepare special procedures for non-routine operations and activities.
- To plan, prepare, mobilise and demobilise equipment, materials and services for the drilling programme and manage all the mobilization / demobilisation process.
- To ensure that operations are carried out as per the programme and within Company's policy.
- To supervise and co-ordinate well site operations, looking ahead pro-actively in order to prevent breakdowns and resolving issues as they occur.
- To actively participate and manage day-to-day operations as required by the Chief Well Construction / Drilling Superintendent and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the programme and as operational context demands.
- Review daily report and discuss completed operations with related drilling superintendent.
- Co-ordinate daily drilling reports and cost estimates and ensure that the data base is maintained correctly,
- To ensure day to day objectives of operations are clear to all rig personnel
- To manage the flow of information and relationships between the office based management team and offshore contractors and service providers, so that all parties are fully informed
- Degree /MSc / PhD in any engineering field preferably Petroleum Engineering.
- Total 10-15 years in oil & gas exploitation, drilling, completion, workover and well services.
- Minimum 5 years of experience at Senior Drilling Engineer position.
- Worked as Office based Senior Drilling Engineer for national as well as international oil companies.
- Able to leverage on industry's best practices and share experiences.
- ERD experience is essential.
- Good interpersonal, communication and supervisory skill.
- Have in depth knowledge of latest drilling technologies and tools such as MPD, UBD, directional drilling, RSS, ERD, etc.
- To be responsible for engineering and drilling operations on drilling, workover, completion and testing.
- To be able to plan for the most cost effective and efficient use of resources.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to HSE as per GIPIP (Good International Petroleum Industry Practice) and able to work as per Company's HSE Policy.
- Posses valid IWCF certificate for Surface BOP - Supervisor Level and offshore safety
- Courses such as PST, Firefighting, H2S, HUET, etc.
- To be physically fit and be able to withstand physical as well as mental pressure involved in drilling operations.
Terms & Conditions:
- Duration : 6 Months
- Rotation: Flexible
- Location: Chennai, India - Offshore
Oil & Gas Company
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available