BP International Ltd
Updated: May 8 2012
||Electrical Engineering, facilities AND offshore AND process AND heat exchanger AND equipment
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Working alongside and in support of the Offshore Operations Leadership Team, the post holder will lead the Area engineering team's offshore execution of studies, modifications, repairs and shutdown programs. All activities are aligned with and share common systems with the Houston base engineering team as well as with the operations and maintenance activities offshore.
The Offshore Facilities Engineer will report to the Area Engineering Support Team Leader (AESTL) and dotted line reporting to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM). The Offshore Facilities engineering team includes 2 back to back offshore rotational Facilities Engineers, working 14 days on and 14 days off. This role has full access to support provided by the onshore engineering team and other services such as Procurement Supply Chain Management (PSCM) and others.
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership and coach individuals who are less familiar with the BP HSSE standards and expectations
- Embed key engineering and project management process for a streamlined execution of work offshore
- Plan, organize, resource and define the methodology for the safe and effective execution of work consistent with protecting and enhancing the production base
- Follow established processes and procedures for work definition, planning, execution, commissioning, certification and performance
- Plan work execution in line with operational priorities
- Work with the OIM and their supervisors to advise on facility reliability issues and prioritizing work execution
- Lead, where appropriate, on studies and investigations into facility failures or improvements in support of protecting or enhancing the production base.
- Ensure fabrication and certification records are completed and recorded to demonstrate compliance with Integrity standards and processes
- Interface with the onshore Engineering and Central Modifications teams on work planning, execution and support requirements
- Manage offshore Management of Change processes
- Must have an engineering degree
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience must include in depth working knowledge of the systems, equipment and working practices of the process and mechanical equipment found onboard a producing platform
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available