BP International Ltd
Updated: May 8 2012
||Project Management, construction AND offshore AND rig AND production AND platform AND brownfield AND safety AND planning AND budgeting
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Regional Performance Unit (RPU) Construction Manager reports to the RPU TAR & Construction Manager and is accountable for delivery of assigned Central Projects & Modifications (CPM) Brownfield projects to meet the RPU Business plan utilizing the CVP for CP process. This includes joint accountability with the TAR Team Leader for integration of Brownfield projects in the TAR Long Term Plan.
The Construction Manager works closely with Construction Engineers, Worley Parsons management, and the BP Area/Asset teams to ensure that interfaces function smoothly, resourcing is appropriate, business requirements and project objectives are met, and any issues are raised to an appropriate level of management. They are responsible for defining resources for the project construction activities team in support of the Master Construction Workpack Register. The RPU Construction Manager assures the CE, PM, and PE's delivery of CVP preparation plans and Project construction activities in Primavera as appropriate.
- Provide constructability input during Front-End Engineering, to ensure safe, efficient designs with minimum impact on operations and to ensure realistic fabrication and installation schedules.
- Assist in the identification, selection and contracting of all resources required for the execution and management of construction activities.
- Establish rigorous processes for execution, monitoring and reporting of all work against established safety, cost, schedule and performance measures.
- Identify key risks to delivery and ensure adequate risk mitigation or contingency plans are in place.
- Lead all construction and support commissioning activities, including handover to operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Science and/or 15 years relevant experience performing cross or multifunctional role in maintenance, operations, technical/process, construction management, mechanical integrity, or project engineering with minimum five years in a lead or leadership role.
Experience and requirments:
- Proven capability to build and lead teams to accomplish challenging objectives by achieving consensus and support through influence rather than line authority
- Ability to make strong technical and/or business decisions based on an understanding of risk and business drivers
- Builds and utilizes strong networking skills throughout BP GoM
- Experience supervising or managing a major offshore construction projects. Needs to have a working knowledge of field construction techniques for structural, mechanical, instrument, and electrical disciplines, and a working knowledge for the Automation aspects for offshore work.
- Experience in TAR Management process to assure integration of construction activities in TAR master plan.
- During implementation of offshore Brownfield construction projects, provide direction to team for solving offshore challenges that come up during construction for both technical and personnel issues
- Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas associated with procurement. The ability to routinely interface with construction contractors, both before and during offshore execution of the Brownfield projects - must have a strong willingness to work with the contractors
- Assure implementation with the concepts for assurance as outlined by the GOC (Guide on Certification) process to insure appropriate job completion offshore prior to handover to operations
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available