Updated: Jul 30 2012
||Business Development, Operations Manager, Top Drive, Product Line Manager
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Closed - No longer accepting applications
BUSINESS UNIT: Middle East & Africa
REPORTS TO: Direct: VP/General Manager - MABU
Functional: VP Top Drives
SUPERVISES: TD Operations Manager, TD Sales
Purpose of the job
Overall accountability and responsibility for the top line regional growth of the MABU Top Drive product line. Lead the market entry by surveying regional markets by identifying and prioritising key opportunities. Participate in strategic market planning that will support overall growth and facilitate steady adoption of TESCO's proprietary product line technology.
Main Duties of the Job holder
• Lead, direct, plan and coordinate the implementation of a clear business strategy.
• Develop and expand Top Drive business in Middle East
• Manage the business line to a rigorous P&L.
• Develop processes/systems in support of efficient operations.
• Ensure adherence to TESCO quality standards.
• Serve as holder and clearinghouse of products and service pricing.
• Evaluate and communicate training requirements to Training department.
• Work closely with Marketing to evolve the strategy and develop focus for the R&E effort.
• Work closely with Marketing to create a priority within manufacturing and create cooperation/consensus between manufacturing and the business units.
• In conjunction with Engineering and Manufacturing, plan, direct and control expenditures on product development.
• Know the business line offering and act as the high level technical resource to the BU's and clients.
• Ownership of HSE system for business line.
• Build rapport with the drilling contractors, engineering and operating community that will support expansion of existing and new business opportunities.
• Monitor market conditions and provide commercial information to support advancement of TESCO Corporations global business development plan.
• Ensure internal marketing information is updated and current within the TESCO pro-quote software marketing sales tool.
• To be responsible for QHSES for Top Drives
• To be familiar with the QHSE manual systems and processes.
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
• To undertake competency assessment measurement
• Travel internationally
• Satisfactory completion of required tasks in a safe and timely manner.
• Dedication to task completion.
Education Experience & Qualifications
• Relevant industry experience 10-15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry in rig equipment operations, sales, and business development.
• Experience working with Operating Companies and Drilling Contractors
• Good organisational, communication and leadership skills with experience in developing new markets, including experience with start-ups.
• Excellent rapport with operators and knowledge of completions, rigs and drilling and rig operations.
• Sales, commercial and management experience related to upstream energy sector.
• Commercial experience related to creating and execution of marketing plans.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Good working knowledge of electrical and/ or hydraulic systems, engines and heavy duty equipment.
• Experience of working in shop and field environments.
• A visible leader with the proven ability to influence through technical and business competence and skilled communication.
• An understanding of the engineering and technical issues of the business line and working understanding of TESCO's other business lines.
• Solid, general understanding of design, materials and field practices related to drilling and drilling rig equipment internal and external.
• Ability to analyse their business line from a financial perspective.
• To ensure that specialised top drive equipment is maintained to TESCO's standards, to keep rig downtime to a minimum.
• Must have a broad knowledge in overhauling (assembling and disassembling) of TESCO's top drives.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, part's book, shop manuals and other related technical specifications.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available