||Emergency Response, Paramedic / Nurse
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Project Based EMT 3's, RN's or Paramedics
Three Week On/Three Week Off Work Rotation Remote Alaska
This position will be located on onshore/offshore facilities or vessels with crews of approximately 22 in the Chukchi or Beaufort Seas. Functions are primarily medical but will have other admin duties including safety reporting as needed. The workforce consists of oil field contractor employees. The number of employees varies considerably due to construction stages, drilling operations, maintenance and operating. Employees will be responsible for travel to/from Anchorage. State (Alaska) costs are covered by Beacon. There will be PA's on larger vessels in the area for support and a search & rescue helicopter staffed with PJ's out of Barrow
Candidates must successfully complete HUET (helicopter underwater egress training) and not have any significant problem with sea sickness.
Remote Medic will assess, treat and coordinate transport for patients to higher-level medical providers, commonly in the form of a clinic or hospital. Invasive care may include advanced airways, IV therapy, medications and defibrillation.
Licensure by the Alaska Medical Board and current CPR and ACLS certification. Must have min 3-5 years of ER experience.
Assesses the safety and hazards at the scene of an emergency. Controls the hazards at an emergency scene. Determines the nature and extent of illness or injury present and establishes the priorities for emergency care. Under the direct or indirect supervision of a physician, treats injuries or illness using advanced life support techniques and medications; these may include:
- Airway management with endotracheal tubes or cricothyroidotomy, intravenous therapy, heart monitoring with an
electrocardiographic (ECG) device defibrillation.
- Synchronized cardioversion.
- Administration of any type of parenterally, orally, or topically approved medication or solution
needle chest decompression.
- Gastric and oral/tracheal suctioning.
- All Basic Life Support techniques of the EMT-1.
- Extricates patients from entrapment.
- Provides special rescue services where trained in those specific areas.
- Performs triaging of patients and management of mass casualty situations.
- Lifts and moves patients.
- Utilizes specialized communication equipment to consult with physicians and/or notify hospitals of patient's condition.
- Completes detailed documentation on patient care and transport.
- Understands and uses appropriate state and federal regulations pertaining to EMS, confined space, hazardous materials,
incident command system, bloodborne pathogens, airborne pathogens, and controlled substances.
- Reports verbally to receiving Physician as to the patient's condition and interventions performed.
- Maintains, cleans, restocks emergency supplies and equipment.
- Attends continuing medical education (CME) on an ongoing basis.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available