Updated: May 9 2012
||Drilling Consultant, Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Major Operator seeking Drilling Engineering Technician in Houston, TX.
Drilling Engineering Technician
The Drilling Technician supports the engineering staff with the design, planning, support of drilling operations and post drilling analysis of our Gulf of Mexico deepwater wells. The technician will work closely with the drilling engineers, drilling superintendents, and drilling foremen to come up with the safest and most efficient plans to drill a well meeting all expectations.
• Support our Health Safety and Environment "Goal Zero" target i.e. no harm to people and environment.
• Support the generation and consistency checks on well permitting submission packages.
• Help compile work instructions/prognosis that will be sent out to worksite.
• Administer the assurance plan for the well.
• Search industry databases for offset well performance and data.
• Summarize historical offset well operations in graphical and tabular formats
• Document controller and librarian for standard templates.
• Support engineers to generate work products using standard templates.
• On site observation and support for specific planned operations (running casing, specialty tools, drilling optimization).
• Project co-ordination and reporting
• Track the planning progress through the group's LEAN checklist
• Work with vendors to line up equipment for the well activity.
• During drilling, track actual cost and schedule, attending cost transparency review, checking key invoices.
• Help coordinate materials for drilling the well. Compile material listing.
• Help organize events such as Drill Well on Paper, onsite spud meeting and After Action Reviews.
• Upkeep of the risk and opportunity register for the projects.
• Inventory management for the lifecycle of the well.
• Support the reporting on the well project - benchmarking and performance plots, end of well report gathering.
• Contribute to sustaining a positive, progressive and supportive team environment.
• Associate degree in engineering technology or related field
• Minimum 2-4 years relevant experience in engineering technician-related duties
• Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Strong computer skills is essential to be efficient in the position.
• Willingness to acquire basic drilling engineering competencies.
• Deliver technical work with strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work with diverse professionals comprising stakeholders, vendors, operations team, rig team and engineers.
• Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds
• Willing to travel to offshore work locations when needed.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Number of Vacancies: 1
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available