Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Construction Engineer, Facilities Engineer, Workover or Completion, Deepwater Oil & Gas Wells Completion Engineering, Completions Engineers, Completion Engineers, Deepwater Wells, High Temperature Wells, High Pressure Wells, Wells completions technologies, IWCF Well Control certificate, Landmark well engineering software packages, OpenWells, Wellcat, Prosper, HPHT deepwater oil and gas wells, HP/HT deepwater oil and gas wells
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$140,000 - $210,000
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Deepwater Completion Engineers - Gulf of Mexico / GoM
Needed by our Client of 30+ years
a Major, Fully-Integrated, Globally-Operated Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company / EPC
LOCATION: Houston, TX / GoM
SALARY: $140,000 - $210,000 or more Depending on Experience / Seniority
TRAVEL: Up to 25% to Gulf of Mexico / GoM
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum 10 years + of relevant industry experience and
Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Deepwater Oil & Gas Wells Completion Engineering
The Deepwater Oil and Gas Wells Completions Engineers are accountable for the engineering activity covering oil and gas well design, well planning, well program generation and execution of well completion operations and delivering detailed completion engineering guidance, program preparation, and operational support on new and existing wells working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong commitment to deliver safe and compliant completions with long term reliability.
- Strong commitment to HSSE and operational safety while delivering wells.
- Responsible for basis of design, planning and executing completion programs including inflow performance, production/injection optimization modeling, equipment/material specification and selection, cost estimates, and post appraisals.
- Prepare testing/completion programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modeling, stress analysis.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost control for completion activities.
- Awareness of and involvement in new completions technologies, with appropriate incorporation into designs and work programs.
- Ensure completion programs, program amendments are aligned with internal and industry standards, policy, and regulatory requirements are appropriately risk assessed.
- Liaise with sub-surface and production operations teams to ensure completion design is fit for purpose and life-of-field performance and integrity.
- Monitor and support all aspects of completion operations.
- Onsite support for key completion operations.
- Provide engineering support for completion operations.
- Implement best practices as identified in engineering & operational studies.
- Perform post-analyses and benchmarking studies, incorporate documented key learning's into future completion programs.
- Assure adequate third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Recommend and conduct engineering studies to enhance completion design and operational performance.
- Prepare end of well reports.
- Ensure appropriate assurance and review of the completion design and work plan.
- Coach and mentor completion engineers to ensure appropriate technical and professional development.
- A Bachelors Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- 10 years minimum of oil and gas well completions engineering experience, with at least 5 years of deepwater completions experience.
- Experience with open hole or cased hole sand control and associated equipment.
- Broad experience with the design and execution of deepwater completions for oil or gas wells for an operator or major service provider.
- Experience working with third party service providers.
- Experience with specification and selection of completion equipment including materials requirements.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to process safety and operational risk mitigation.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% for working at offshore field locals; able to ride in a helicopter or boat over water and be transferred via personnel basket to offshore operations.
- Ability to work in small, confined places, on high platforms, walk on high elevation grating over water, and walk up and down steps.
- Must be a US Citizen or Possess a US Permanent Resident Card.
These Qualifications a Plus
- IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Experience working for an operator creating a completion design for HPHT deepwater oil and gas wells.
- Ability to innovate and be open to new ideas.
- Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages (OpenWells, Wellcat, Prosper, etc.).
- Participation in continuous improvement processes.
- Sand control knowledge.
- Knowledge of flow assurance issues.
- Understanding of inflow performance.
- Experience of working with third party service providers.
- Experience working with pore pressure and fracture gradient.
- Experience designing a completion utilizing fracture stimulation gravel packs.
- Experience designing and executing sub-sea completions.
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Your search will be kept strictly confidential.
- We will contact you prior to sending you for consideration by our client.
- Never a charge to candidates.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available