Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 *
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Production Operator, Toolpusher, Well Site Supervisor, Oil & Gas Wellsite Leaders, WSL, drilling, completions, interventions, workover operations, Well Control Certification
||$110,000 – $150,000
||Home Based, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Drilling Supervisors / Wellsite Leaders / WSL - Onshore Gas North America
8 Needed by our Client of 30+ years
a Major, Fully-Integrated, Globally-Operated Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company / EPC
LOCATION: Home Based (Throughout USA / Rotation Available)
SALARY: $110,000 - $150,000 or more Depending on Experience / Seniority
TRAVEL: Up to 100% to onshore U.S. Gulf Coast and Rocky Mountains.
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum 10 years + of relevant industry experience and
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Oil & Gas Wellsite Leaders Job Description
* The Well Site Leader / WSL reports directly to the wells operations superintendent and is accountable and responsible for onsite well activity, encompassing drilling, completions, interventions, and/or workover operations.
* The Well Site Leader is the company's representative on location who is responsible for safe and reliable operations while conforming with company policies and complying with Federal/State/Local regulations.
* Depending on the work location and specific work activity, these field based roles will be filled by candidates who typically work either a 5 days on / 2 days off schedule or by rotators working a 14 days on / 14 days off schedule.
* Company lead representative on oil and gas well site leading a team of contract workers.
* Manages all company operations at well site and ensures that work is completed safe and compliant to company's standards, policies and procedures.
* Schedules and plans work using people and equipment from various approved contractors.
* Tracks and records daily activity in sufficient detail to report in daily well report. Checks IADC or equivalent and confirms daily activity is accurately recorded.
* Demonstrates and consistently applies the highest level of leadership in HSSE standards, practices and policies.
* Ensures site safety and environment management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with company's internal policies and standards.
* Provides effective leadership and communication around Emergency Response Procedures and carries out regular drills.
* Assures competencies of all workers at the work site.
* Provides assurance that all equipment used at work site is certified and fit for purpose.
* As a leader, builds team spirit and morale and fosters a good work atmosphere through inclusive behavior and respect for diversity.
* Effectively communicates and leads by example to ensure that workers have a clear understanding of the objectives of the operation and how each role contributes to successful delivery.
* Ensures the job safety analysis is reviewed and hazards are identified and mitigated for each work activity.
* Report, investigate and provide timely follow-up and close-out of all onsite incidents and near-misses relating to personnel, equipment and procedures promptly.
* Validate operations and tests integrity of wells and barriers.
* Leads and directs a well site leadership team on location that often includes a safety technician, well site coordinator, service company leads, and possibly other wellsite leaders in development.
* Actively manages third party service providers in compliance with company policies and legislative requirements.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience.
* Extensive knowledge of drilling, completions, and/or workover operations.
* Previous experience in well site leadership position with an operator or service contractor.
* Experience with operations and safety programs.
* Experience with managing third party contractors.
* Must possess math skills used for well site supervision.
* Ability to use MS Office suite.
* Strong planning, time management and organizational skills.
* Must be a US Citizen or Possess a US Permanent Resident Card.
These Qualifications a Plus
* Well Control Certification (current and valid) a plus.
* Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
* Ability to think, evaluate, and act decisively in stressful situations.
* Previous experience of managing and controlling operational efficiency (e.g. time, costs, simultaneous operations, etc...) a plus.
* Flexible to schedule: 5/2; 7/7; 14/14; 28/28.
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
* Your search will be kept strictly confidential.
* We will contact you prior to sending you for consideration by our client.
* Never a charge to candidates.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available