Updated: May 4 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural engineering. PE is preferable. 8 to 15 years of offshore industry experience. Play a major role in the structural engineering and greenfield design of large modules/topsides for offshore oil & gas platform facilities. Work includes development of all associated engineering documents. Must be able to take a hands-on role in the design and analysis of structures as well as provide supervision/guidance and coordination to junior engineers and designers.
Must have previous experience in the engineering of decks & modular units for offshore oil & gas platforms, including the design and analysis of topsides, appurtenances and related secondary structures for the full range of load conditions to which they may be subjected. Must have experience with and be very familiar with SACS and must have experience of working in a team environment and taking a lead role. Full knowledge of analyses for Inplace, Loadout, Transportation, & Lift.
Well versed with AISC, APR RP2A (WSD & LRFD), SACS software and processes applicable to offshore structural designs. Familiarity with offshore engineering/fabrication practices and trends. Experience with previous Canadian Offshore projects is a plus.
- Department Operations - Encourage project team knowledge of and compliance with department guidelines and company procedures. Identify department issues and forward to department management team. Support ongoing operation of department sub-groups. Attempt to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and client issues before elevating to department management team.
- Review/forward expense claims to department management.
- Department communications - Attend/participate in periodic department meetings. Identify branch risk/liability concerns and forward to department management. May prepare and present technical subject matter for project when required. Present solutions to management team to mitigate exposure.
- Health, safety, and environmental - Support health, safety, and environmental (HSE) programs. Facilitate atmosphere of concern for HSE issues.
- Business development support - Encourage maintenance of latest career information on employee resumes. Support Business Development (BD) proposal efforts, as required. Maintain client contact.
- New Employee Orientation - Identify required employee skills/competencies. Support new employee orientation activities.
- Facilitate atmosphere where new employees first impressions are positive.
- Employee allocation program - Authorize employee timesheet submissions for project chargeable hours. May attend/participate in department resource allocation meeting. Approve project team vacation requests. Ensure project team vacation coverage and workarounds. Support employee reallocation and unplanned employee absence activities.
- Employee development program - Mentor and facilitate mentorship of department employees. Participate in and facilitate external training, internal engineering design systems (EDS)/engineering applications (EA) training, and internal department training.
- Employee performance management program - Forward employee/team achievements and employee performance issues.
- Participate in performance reviews. Participate in employee/team recognition activities.
- Employee reductions - Assist in determining employment issues and market pressures. Assist in identifying chronic or systemic employee concerns. Assist in conducting planned reductions or facilitate unplanned employee reductions.
- Quality assurance/ quality control program - Encourage project team knowledge of and compliance with department quality assurance and quality control guidelines. Create/forward project quality plans. Plan/participate in technical audits. Support CAD checking and incorporation of comments. Support engineering/design technical checking and incorporation of comments.
- Project Scope/Cost/ Time Management - Establish the project scope, cost, and time requirements with the client, and maintain the engineering scope control documents, engineering cost estimates, and engineering project schedule. Determine the project scope battery limits with the local utility, other consulting companies, and equipment vendors and provide information and back check the construction cost estimate and construction schedule. Maintain a record of client preferred design options, client preferred equipment configurations and scope changes. Advise and direct the team regarding the project scope/cost/time management requirements and facilitate meeting expectations. Obtain client approval of deliverables.
- Project Quality Management - Create project quality plan, monitor project quality assurance and quality control activities, and recommend quality improvements. Advise and direct the team regarding the project quality management requirements and facilitate meeting expectations.
- Project Risk Management - Participate in project risk assessment process, identify ongoing risks, develop workaround plans and manage ongoing risks.
- Project Communication Management - Execute inter-discipline reviews of deliverables, distribute deliverables, send originals/copies to central filing, handle electronic files with the client, and dispose of unretained documents.
- Project Human Resource Management - Mentor and provide technical guidance to lower level engineers on project. Identify skills requirements, recommend training as required.
- Project Procurement Management - Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations to client, respond to supplier questions, complete bid tabulation and make recommendation to client, and handle supplier change requests.
- Engineering Calculations/ Analyses/ Studies - Advise and direct the project team in the creation of engineering calculations, analyses, and studies.
- Technical Deviations/ Design Decisions - Advise and direct the project team in the creation of technical deviations and design decisions.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available