Newman-Johnson-King, Inc. * Established 1957 * Confidential Client
Updated: Sep 18 2012
||Directional Driller, Drilling Consultant, Drilling Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$110,000 - $200,000 or more DOE + Bonus + Full Benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Drilling Engineers - Onshore Oil & Gas North America
Needed by our Client of 30+ years to include their Heritage Companies
a Major, Fully-Integrated, Globally-Operated Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company / EPC
LOCATION: Houston, TX.
TRAVEL: Up to 25% to onshore U.S. Gulf Coast and Rocky Mountains.
SALARY: $110,000 - $200,000 or more Depending on Experience / Seniority
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Minimum 10 years + of relevant industry experience and
Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
Onshore Drilling Engineering Job Description
The oil & gas wells drilling engineers are responsible for drilling engineering activity covering planning, wellbore design, and developing the plan of execution for oil and gas drilling operations.
- Provide oil and gas well planning designs, procedures, and engineering support for drilling operations which result in safe and efficient construction of wells that comply with regulations and ensure long term well integrity.
- Design oil and gas wells and develop procedures in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with the completions and subsurface teams to make strategic well planning decisions.
- Apply engineering excellence to all oil and gas well designs and operations.
- Provide engineering support and well information for permitting process. Validate all permit requirements have been met by the well plan and during execution.
- Facilitate and document risk assessments. Highlight risks and integrate mitigations in well plan.
- Utilize a stage-gate process to optimize well planning.
- Work with company's procurement organization to secure long-lead items and services.
- Work with the standard practices of the team while also seeking continuous improvement.
- Propose and/or develop new technologies, new applications of technology, and innovations.
- Provide accurate cost estimates and cost forecasting.
- Lead the performance and knowledge management process for projects.
- Conduct post-well reviews and project reviews.
- Monitor service provider performance and work with the procurement team to address performance issues.
- Compile and store historical design, procedures, and handover documentation electronically.
- Provide engineering support to operations during execute phase, including detailed review of operations parameters and operational data.
- Make periodic field visits, especially for pre-spud and post-well meetings.
- Depending on experience, provide coaching and mentoring to other Drilling Engineers to support technical development.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role with an operator, demonstrated competence in well design for oil and gas drilling activities.
- Demonstrated training and competence in well design, including detailed casing, cementing and directional design including anti-collision analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Industry (API, etc.) and Regulatory Standards.
- Capable of delivering detailed drilling procedures including well specific programs, fluids programs, and cement procedures.
- Competence with well engineering software packages.
- Proven track record as a strong team player.
- Ability to work to timelines with minimum supervision.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be a US Citizen or Possess a US Permanent Resident Card.
These Qualifications a Plus
- IWCF Well Control certificate or equivalent.
- Experience designing and executing horizontal and/or s-shaped wells.
- Experience in air drilling, desired but not required.
- Experience in any of the following basins is desired but not required: Arkoma (OK), Green River (WY), Woodford (OK), San Juan (NM/CO), Haynesville (TX), Anadarko Granite Wash (TX).
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Your search will be kept strictly confidential.
- We will contact you prior to sending you for consideration by our client.
- Never a charge to candidates.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available