Updated: May 4 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Associates/2 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a leading player in the Global Energy market and is a growing business with operations in over 25 countries. It is looking to recruit a Lead Mechanical Engineer with LNG experience.
• Provide specialist technical support for the mechanical engineering work (static equipment, packages and piping) in the LNG production, transport and import sector.
• Provide mechanical engineering design input to projects with JV partners during the early development & concept selection stages
• Act as the owner's technical representative in the area of LNG mechanical engineering for Pre-FEED and FEED studies carried out by third party engineering contractors. Ensure facilities are designed to meet the company and the project technical specifications and are safe and operable.
• Provide technical support for operating LNG Assets with respect to resolving safety, production and availability issues.
• Provide LNG Mechanical Engineering input to both future and current development projects with emphasis on LNG developments.
• Manage the mechanical engineering element of contractor performance on conceptual studies, Pre FEED, FEED and detailed design work to assure it meets the company's technical, financial, safety and environmental objectives.
• Perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with particular emphasis on availability and reliability projections and life cycle costs (Total Cost of Ownership: TCO).
• Lead or participate in PEER assists, PEER Reviews and Technical Assurance reviews to add value and ensure compliance with the company framework and approvals procedures.
• Assist in the development of best practice corporate guidelines, processes and procedures.
• Provide input to the identification and mitigation of technical risks.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments and practices across the LNG value chain.
• Understand selected company existing asset facilities, including performance and process limitations to maximize the value of these facilities in the future development of assets and facilities. Investigation and resolution of operating problems in existing Assets.
• Liaise with Development Managers, Subsurface professionals, Operations and Commercial Managers to support development opportunities and deliver optimized proposals.
• Technical professional with proven experience in engineering and with projects preferably in the LNG sector with experience in LNG production and export plants as well as import terminals, preferably including commissioning and startup.
• Knowledge and experience with different licensed liquefaction processes is an advantage.
• Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (ASME, API, NFPA, etc)
• Knowledge of or capability to develop expertise in the design, selection and maintenance of cryogenic heat exchangers.
• Experience of a client/operator environment and knowledge of the safety, environmental and operational aspects of their work including writing project design bases and functional requirements during project early development stages.
• Knowledge of breadth and depth of mechanical engineering needed to manage the quality control of contractor technical work, ensuring appropriate techniques and standards.
• Experience of managing technical scopes of work and engineering studies with third party engineering contractors to schedule and budget.
• Specific experience of LNG facility mechanical Equipment, utility packages and piping systems.
• Knowledge of equipment dynamics, hydraulic and heat transfer analysis, testing and auditing to interface with technical specialists in these areas.
• Overseas oil and gas experience useful
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available