Updated: Jun 20 2012
||Noise & Vibration Control, Reliability Engineer
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A highly skilled Reliability Engineer is required to join a large global technology business on a permanent staff basis. The role is office based in Aberdeen, with occassional offshore visits and national travel as required.
1. Technical sign-off on, and support to Reliability Engineering staff with production of in-depth reliabilty/CBM reports. Provide second point of view on technical matters as and when required.
2. Development of additional CBM revenue through technical delivery of specialist customer facing work and through continuous improvement of the service offering. This may involve periods of working on customer premises both offshore and onshore.
3. Also Development of additional CBM revenue through supporting business growth into new sectors.Likewise by widening the range of customer electrical / mechanical equipment to be monitored .
4. Integral part of management of CBM contracts and business
5. To act as the lead specialist for the business on Vibration Analysis , including maximisation of the use of VA techniques in growing sales / customer contribution
Required previous experience:
O&G industry (upstream or downstream) would be distinct preference but the key is the relevant rotating equipment, maintenance and condition monitoring experience which could additionally come from end user experience within other industry sectors (power generation, chemical, pharma etc).
Required Technical Knowledge:
In depth Vibration Analysis
Root cause analysis
Machinery maintenance and strategy development
Rotating equipment knowledge (not just mechanical seals!)
Partial discharge analysis and/or phase current analysis
Motors and use of transient analsis RE technique
Also beneficial but not mandatory:
Multivariate statistical analysis
Plant Maintenance optimisation
Production loss management
Recognised Mechanical Engineering qualification (to degree level or to HNC/D if further supported by appropriate training and experience).
Bindt Vibration Analysis Level 3 minimum
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available