Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 4 2012
||FPSO/FPU , Project Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$1 per year
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Deepwater FPSO Topsides Project Engineer
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Job Description: The FPSO Project Engineer (PE) will report to the FPSO Topsides Manager. This position is intended to provide general design and project management support within the topsides team during FEED contract execution and subsequent follow on engineering required for Bid award.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in monitoring and driving project progress; through performance management of contractors to ensure FEED design and high quality deliverables, on schedule and within project cost targets .
- Deliver FEED engineering for the project to assure that the principle objectives of safe design and quality build are realized.
- Interface with other discipline engineers within the topsides team and engineering contractor team on a day to day activities and, if under-performing, identify and implement corrective action as appropriate.
- Ensure requirements for Design Hazard management, Process Safety and inhrently safer design are incorporated into the facilities design.
- Ensure requirements are incorporated into the facilitie design, managing the preparation, review and approval of engineering deliverables and ensuring comments from all relevant stakeholders are addressed.
- Coordinate 3D Model Reviews and ensure comments are closed and incorporated into design.
- Coordinate owner's team design assurance review and ensure comments are closed and incorporated into design.
- Support topsides module design to ensure constructability issues are proactively addressed and incorporated into the design and execution strategy
- Support prepartion of Decison Support Package (DSP) & Project Execution Plan (PEP) for detailed design and construction Phase .
- Participation in discipline-related workshops (i.e. cost and schedule, topsides, operations, HES/HAZOP/HAZID etc.), and attend meetings with outside engineering consultants.
- Participation in EPCI technical bids prepartion.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience and extensive knowledge of oil and gas facilities design. Demonstrated capability to handle complex and concurrent projects with multiple facets. Extensive major capital project experience with strong design engineering background. Experience delivering HSE performance. Experience implmenting owner (operator) engineering standards. Experience with CVX preferred. Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills. Strong planning and organizing ability. Good understanding of business drivers and the ability to align design philosphies. Estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating & life cycle). Experience of supervising work in contractor's design office.
Preferred Skills: Thorough knowledge of applicable industry codes and company standards and specifications related to the design, fabrication, inspection and testing of deepwater FPSO topsides equipment. Experienced with bidding and award processes for major equipment items. Manufacturing contract oversight inclusive of managing all QA/QC, technical, cost, schedule, tracking and reporting.
Additional Comments: IIF mindset Exhibits open and effective communication and stakeholder management skills. Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in multifunctional, global team environment. Good interpersonal, team engagement and ability to influence across organization
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available