Updated: Nov 9 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Bakersfield, CA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The CLERK is an entry level position that performs various administrative duties under close supervision, for the Division office in any one or more of the functions listed in the Essential Functions section of this Position Definition.
- Able to present themselves for work for the duration of the normal work day, 8 am to 5 pm, with one hour off for lunch, Monday through Friday, with occasional additional work during the week and on weekends, to meet process schedules.
- Able to perform light and sedentary work activities associated with clerical duties.
- Able to travel overnight periodically to attend business activities such as audits or training.
- Commit to learning and performing all of the tasks related to their assignment in:
- accounts payable
- accounts receivable
- time entry
- DOT logs
- receiving goods,
- answering phones
- employee expense report validation
- employment processing
- maintaining local personnel files
- disbursing uniforms
- updating equipment utilization logs
- creating fuel reports
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
- Pass company's drug screen
- Acceptable criminal history
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Acceptable credit history
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle record
- Acceptable Aptitude and work attitude evaluation
- Minimum of Two years general office experience. Advanced education in the form of a Two year Associates degree or Four year Bachelors Degree may be substituted for the Two years of prior non-NWS office experience.
- High School level math skills.
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch, typewriter, telephone and computer using Microsoft business applications including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have prior knowledge of general accepted administrative practices pertaining to initial assignment, IE: employment; accounts payable, accounts receivable; payroll/timekeeping, purchasing, etc.
- Strong organizational skills for alpha and numerical file maintenance.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available