Onesource Professional Search
Updated: Jul 27 2012
||Civil Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||DOE, base + bon + equity
||South, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client a stable and growing independent operating company is growing their deepwater Gulf of Mexico portfolio and needs an experienced drilling engineer to help them evaluate, plan and safely drill in/near field wells of a major deepwater asset. Company offers the opportunity to plan, move forward and execute deepwater wells in a much more efficient manner, vs. a super-major.
In addition to a generous benefits plan, our client offers a generous 3 tiered compensation plan including base, bonus and equity.
Keys/background for success include:
* BS degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil Engineering from an accredited University located in the United States.
* A minimum of three (3) years of deepwater well planning/operational engineering experience, primarily in drilling and some familiarity with completions.
* In addition to the three years of deepwater experience, the candidate shall have a minimum of 5 additional years of (8-yrs total) industry experience in Gulf of Mexico (GoM) well operations.
Detailed essential background/skills include:
* Pore pressure prediction using petro-physical methods.
* Skilled in using shallow hazards in well planning and site assessments for MODU's.
* Skilled & experienced in evaluating tubular loading / movement for floating drilling operations.
* Skilled in deepwater casing design & installation fundamentals.
* Stress Check and/or TDAS
* Subsea Wellheads
* Landing String Design
* Exhibits a working knowledge of drilling fluid types including riserless water based muds, flat rheology synthetic based muds, drill-in fluids and deepwater packer fluids.
* Experienced in Complex Well Path Design issues related to completion design requirements including T&D modeling optimization, hydraulics optimization along with associated wellbore cleanout and displacement methodologies.
* Experienced in Rotary Steerable & Concentric Reaming System Applications.
8. Exhibits a clear understanding of installation fundamentals of casing, wellhead and liner systems and associated design / operational limitations.
9. Experienced/Knowledgeable in drill down liner hangers and SET installation.
10. Skilled in design and execution of primary and remedial cementing methods for production casing, liners and tiebacks.
11. Thorough understanding of United States federal regulations regarding well operations such as; 30CFR250 Subparts B, C, D, E & F.
12. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Power Point, Word and Project.
13. Experience with benchmarking systems such as Dodson and morning report systems such as Peloton.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available