Updated: May 11 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Cost Engineering, Cost Controls, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitve rates $$$
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris is a leading international Built Asset Consultancy, advising clients in the planning and execution of strategies that deliver the best possible business results from the money spent on built assets.
Cost Engineer / Manager - Perth, Western Australia
We have experience in the Mining, Infrastructure, Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors and to build on the current capabilities of our Western Australian team we are currently seeking key individuals to be part of our expanding business. With the volume of new projects being held across Asia as a whole, it is an exciting time to join EC Harris.
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
- Roll-out of the emerging Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase.
- Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures and their population from the estimate.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure and document Cost Time and Resource sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities for Expenditure.
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience in lead cost engineering positions
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel.
- Fully versed with Cost Control principles and techniques.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available