Updated: May 15 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls, Scheduling
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris, a Built Asset Consultancy with experience in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors, has long term contracts to provide skilled Project Services and Contracts and Procurement Professionals globally to major International Oil Companies.
Scheduler - Calgary, Alberta
- Coordinate assigned day to day activities and manage scheduling work load with contractors.
- Build CPM, logically driven construction schedules at various stages of the project life cycle. Specific emphasis is placed on - Final Investment Decision (FID) and Issued For Construction (IFC) schedules.
- Analyze schedule logic, activity durations, constraints, float, resource loading, etc. Review critical path(s). Level resources as needed to support project constraints
- The ability to link detailed engineering and schedules with activities to build a complete integrated project schedule.
- Provide assurance on schedules submitted by contractors according to the project guidelines.
- The ability to use prior project knowledge to build conceptual schedules is preferred.
- The ability to develop a schedule risk analysis component of the schedule assurance process.
- Participate in the interactive planning meetings for projects requesting final investment funding as part of the assurance activity.
- Understand and use the IPA scheduling metric tool to improve schedule predictability. Incorporate IPA recommendations regarding scheduling into current scheduling process.
- Help develop, maintain, and revise scheduling templates that incorporate all project phases.
- Help collect and report scheduling information quarterly to support development of the KPI stoplight charts.
- Perform analysis to track deltas between planned and actual dates and durations. Create a statistical understanding of planned data versus actual outcomes.
- Assist in progressing construction schedules in accordance with the approved progress measurement strategy.
- Participate in field walks to validate scope.
- Help develop / update schedule procedures and work processed as necessary.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning / Scheduling Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate some industry experience in planning positions.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Good working knowledge of Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
- 6-8 years experience in Oil and Gas
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available