Updated: May 23 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls, Planner, Primavera P6, Integrated Activity Planning
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris, a Built Asset Consultancy with experience in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors, has long term contracts to provide skilled Project Services and Contracts and Procurement Professionals globally to major International Oil Companies.
Planning Engineer / Planner - Calgary, Alberta
We are currently seeking experienced Planning Engineers to deliver and maintain standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for a number of our client's projects. Working closely with one of the world Oil and Gas Majors are a seeking dynamic and motivated professionals looking to make there mark in our rapidly growing Canadian and International business.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project.
- Understand and monitor the interfaces between assigned project sub-elements and other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements.
- Comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Provide input to the status reports and ensure that these include the incorporation of approved changes.
- Liaise with project engineering personnel to assist proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
with identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s).
- Know the contract key dates, milestones and plan dates and how they relate to the overall project schedule.
- Understand the requirements of the contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and incorporate into schedule progress updates.
- Maintain awareness of critical and sub-critical paths and track float consumption.
- Utilise the standard tools and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of input data for benchmarking activities.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate some industry experience in planning positions.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Good working knowledge of Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
- 4 to 8 Years Experience in Oil and Gas
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available