Updated: May 21 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Planner / Scheduler, Cost Engineering, Cost Controls, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris, a Built Asset Consultancy with experience in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors, has long term contracts to provide skilled Project Services and Contracts and Procurement Professionals globally to major International Oil Companies. We are currently seeking experienced Cost professionals at all levels for long and short term assignments on major upstream and downstream projects.
Cost Enigneer - Calgary, AB
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
- Roll-out of the emerging Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase.
- Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities for Expenditure (AFEs).
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects.
- Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
- Participate in peer reviews and other Assurance events.
- Contribute to the development of junior staff through coaching and training in cost engineering practices, tools and techniques.
- Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
- Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
- Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 6-8 years industry experience in lead cost engineering positions
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel.
- Fully versed with Cost Control principles and techniques.
- JD Edwards, Prism and SAP Experience
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available