Updated: May 21 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls, Lead Project Controls, Services Lead, Scheduling, SAP, JD Edwards
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris, a Built Asset Consultancy with experience in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors, has long term contracts to provide skilled Project Services and Contracts and Procurement Professionals globally to major International Oil Companies.
Project Controls Engineer - Calgary, Alberta
- Develop/administer owner's integrated project schedule addressing engineering, procurement, fabrication/construction, installation and startup/commissioning phases
- Review schedule for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, and consistency.
- Status and update all project activities.
- Review, upgrade as necessary, and approve the schedule control plan
- Develop/administer master cost tracking/forecasting template for assigned project
- Develop/update various Project Controls Progress indicators to assist the Project Manager in evaluation of project health and focus areas
- Ensure the Contractor's schedule and cost forecast assumptions are in alignment
- Reconcile committed costs to actual costs on a monthly basis
- Investigate cost inconsistencies and booked charges as required
- Establish and maintain project progress measurement systems for assigned projects
- Review and, where appropriate, endorse cost and schedule progress baselines and forecasts prepared by contractors
- Assist site management in developing/reviewing cost and schedule corrective action and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented
- Review and endorse progress measures reported by the contractor
Skills / Experience Required:
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Business Administration or equivalent experience. OIL and GAS experience is essential.
- Project Controls experience including cost, planning and estimating exposure.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
- Versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of Project Controls principles, theories, concepts, practices, processes, and expectations with respect to project controls
- Competence required in scheduling, resource loading and project planning including progress measurement systems, S-curves, and earned value systems.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- 6 to 8 Years Experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience working on Oil Sands, Heavy Oil and Shale Gas projects.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available