Updated: Jun 21 2012
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
An international company focused in oil and gas exploration and production, as well as the transport and distribution of gas and electricity.
Houston, TX -- Galleria Area
This person will interface with the land, legal, exploration, production and accounting department staff.
Under limited supervision, this position will handle and coordinate various contracts entered into on behalf of the company and maintained by the Land Department with other departments within the company to ensure adherence to the provisions of the agreements.
The Lease Analyst will be responsible for the following:
• Input and maintain land data into the WellPoint Systems BOLO database;
• Maintain spreadsheet to monitor proposals, AFE spending, leased acreage, obligations, and related bonus, rentals, shut-in, minimum royalty, brokerage, land G&A, and other costs;
• Review and code all billings from Brokers/Title Attorneys/Consultants and maintain spreadsheets to monitor costs;
• Correspond with partners regarding approval of AFEs;
• Set up and maintain all Confidentiality Agreements;
• Confirm and maintain all AMI's;
• Interface with drafting department on all land plats/maps;
• Coordinate with regulatory department for permitting and compliance purposes;
• Type correspondence and contracts;
• Research leases, contracts and regulatory orders for proposals or specific information for Landman;
• Pay off drafts for new lease purchases;
• Prepare form transmittals, check requests, oil and gas leases, assignments, right-of-ways and associated contracts;
• Assist in preparation of leases, assignments and other contracts with exhibits for Landmen.
• Copy and transmit leases, assignments, right-of-ways, etc. to county/parish clerks for recording and to partners for file completion;
• Prepare and fax/mail proposal letters to partners on well drilling, workovers, re-completions, lease acquisitions, etc.;
• Prepare presentation material and custom spreadsheets and reports for internal records and external clients/partners;
• Prepare and maintain prospect, contract, lease and well files in conjunction with exploration and drilling efforts;
• Acquisitions & Divestitures and other special projects as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The final candidate should possess a High School diploma, a Bachelor's degree in Land Management or Business Administration would be considered a plus. Candidates should have 5+ years of experience as a Lease Analyst and have advanced skills in Excel and a good understanding of all Microsoft Suite programs. Heavy onshore lease analyst experience is required. Knowledge of SAP systems would also be considered a plus.
The Lease will be a bright, detail-oriented, and articulate individual with a reputation of integrity, maturity and sound business judgment. This individual must be a self-starter, a disciplined and organized person with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available