Updated: Jul 2 2012
||CAD/CAM, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural engineering. PE is preferable. 10 to 20 years of offshore industry experience. Play a major role in the structural engineering and greenfield design of large modules/topsides for offshore oil & gas platform facilities. Work includes development of all associated engineering documents. Must be able to take a hands-on role in the design and analysis of structures as well as provide supervision/guidance and coordination to junior engineers and designers.
Must have previous experience in the engineering of decks & modular units for offshore oil & gas platforms, including the design and analysis of topsides, appurtenances and related secondary structures for the full range of load conditions to which they may be subjected. Have experience with and be very familiar with SACS and must have experience of working in a team environment and taking a lead role. Full knowledge of analyses for Inplace, Loadout, Transportation, & Lift.
Well versed with AISC, APR RP2A (WSD & LRFD) & ISO Codes, SACS software and processes applicable to offshore structural designs. Familiarity with offshore engineering/fabrication practices and trends. Experience with previous Canadian Offshore projects is a plus.
General Description of Position:
• BS, MS or PhD in related field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures.
• Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions.
• Generally characterized as a ''Leader'' or ''Technical Specialist'' with the ability to technically advise and guide the department program design and development. Leads complex and often cross-functional project teams.
• Computer proficiency required; Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important. The ability to prepare and present complex program proposals and reports to senior level management and customers is critical. Ability to establish project estimates and oversight of project budgets. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees.
• General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic
• Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential. Ability to maintain confidential information critical.
• Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
• Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments.
• Willingness to engage in professional associations.
• Ability to work effectively in teams
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available