Applications Business Analyst II
Updated: Jun 25 2012
||IT - Sys Admin & Support
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well- drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention- and a robust research and development effort , we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Team member role in the implementation and on-going support of both third-party and custom-developed bar-code software applications that interface to J.D.Edwards in an AS/400 and client-server environment.
Render functional and technical analysis and application support services as directed by the Data Collection Systems Manager in Weatherford's multi-company, multi-national environment as related to bar-code applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Confer with personnel of organization units to analyze user requirements, procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, as related to bar-code applications to improve and enhance Weatherford's business application software.
2) Participate in configuration and maintenance of bar-code related equipment as directed by the Process Owner.
3) Develop and execute test plans to ensure expected functionality of the bar-code applications as directed by the Process Owner.
4) Participate in maintaining thorough, up-to-date, functional and technical systems documentation for any and all customization and maintenance actions taken.
5) Responsible for maintaining and controlling project activities as directed by the Process Owner.
6) Support end-user requests for information in regards to bar-code application processes.
7) Provide Production Support in the resolution of problems, documenting issues and resolutions using departmental guidelines and procedures, including, but not limited to, Issue Logs, Server Logs, Magic Tickets, etc..
8) Participate in future data collection projects to help develop requirements to meet current and projected needs.
9) Participate in error correction and upgrade of the applications as needed.
10) Coordinate data conversion activities from legacy systems during regional application rollout and in the case of merger/acquisition activity.
11) Complete weekly status report to Process Owner.
12) Manage a near full-time travel schedule.
1) Familiarity with JDE application software - ability to navigate within system, general understanding of overall functionality.
2) Experience with data collection systems implementing or providing support for implementation of hardware and scripts for DSI or equivalent data collection systems.
3) Basic knowledge MS/Windows operating systems.
4) Solid experience in the major PC-based productivity software applications including: spreadsheets, word processing, database management, report-writing and basic telecommunications applications - particularly, knowledge of the Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).
5) Self-starter with solid interpersonal skills - projecting a very positive, customer-service-oriented attitude. Able to exercise sound business judgment and discretion - maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
6) Ability to learn new software and/or applications quickly and with limited formal training, utilizing tutorials, user guides and other documentation and training materials that are readily available.
7) Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills - both from a functional and technical perspective.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, five to ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
Calls will not be accepted for this position.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available