Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 3 2012
||Design Engineer, Safety Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$11 per year
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Position: HES Design Advisor
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Job Description: Serve as a member of the Project HES team, functionally reporting to the HES Team Lead. Job responsibilities include:
• Ensure facility design fully comply with project HES, Loss Prevention and Human Factors Engineering (HFE) design requirements and local Regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the Contractors loss prevention design complies with the Project HES Basis of Design
• Ensure Contractor follows the Project HFE Philosophy for successful execution of the project Human Factors Implementation Plan (HFIP).
• Ensure the Safety In Design (SID) Addenda Governance process is used to facilitate SID Addenda Approval requests and that the SID Addenda Workbook is maintained.
• Ensure that HES, Loss Prevention and HFE concerns and risks are mitigated during design and other reviews.
• HES Risk Management
• Ensure HES risks are identified and properly mitigated through implementation of the Risk Mgt process to include IHAZIDs, HAZOPs and QRAs etc.
• Work with multi-functional teams to define the as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) requirements in accordance with the Project OE/HES Plan and provide assurance that the design meets this ALARP requirements.
• Work with multi-functional teams on the development of Project safety cases in compliance with the Regulatory requirements.
• Understand the applicable Australian HES, safety case, loss prevention and HFE Design Regulations and Codes of Practice.
• Identify and manage conflicts between local regulatory requirements and Company design requirements.
Education: Engineering or Technical degree preferred
Experience: The preferred candidate will have a strong background in loss prevention design with 10 years post university experience, and 5 years within the Oil and Gas industry including experience gained on Major Capital Projects.
Preferred Skills: Experienced in the following key areas is valuable:
• Loss Prevention System Design
• Process Safety Management Systems
• Working as a member of a multi-discipline Major Capital Project design team
• Familiar with inherently safe design and Human Factors Engineering requirements
• Familiar with Australian HES and Design Legislation
• Safety Case Development
• Risk Management Processes and Analysis (inc. PHA, SIL Reviews, QRA, Fire and Explosion Consequence Analysis, Building Siting Studies etc.)
• 3-D model review procedures
• Project design document and drawing review
• Contractor Auditing to ensure compliance with project design requirements.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available