BP International Ltd
Updated: May 3 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Aftermarket Co-ordinators in Global Subsea Hardware are expected to have or develop generalist skills from the subsea services industry covering all aspects of subsea / wells equipment and subsea production systems from wellhead-to-flowline. In order to support both Global Projects and Operations there is a requirement to recruit individuals to work in the centralised GSH team (Sunbury/Houston) and individuals for regional BP offices. This work involves some travel to operating sites to support local staff when necessary.
The GSH Aftermarket Co-ordinator will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the subsea aftermarket service requirements of both BP's project and operational teams in the location / region to which they are assigned, and ensuring the Supplier / Service Provider performs to BP's expectations. The work is of a dynamic nature, with competing demands on time, driven by both internal and external drivers. As a result, the ability to prioritize according to business value is critical to this role.
The work involves:
- Exhibiting exemplary HSSE leadership to BP and out Subsea Suppliers / Service Providers.
- Assist GSH Aftermarket Manager to develop and communicate the GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
- Assist GSH Aftermarket Manager to develop, with the GA / Tier 1 Suppliers, a standard approach to 'execution planning' for BP Subsea / Wells Aftermarket services.
- Assist in the development and implementation of global common maintenance strategies for BP Subsea / Wells equipment.
- Assist the GSH Aftermarket Manager in gathering regional input to populate the global lessons learned system with subsea aftermarket learnings and ensuring robust feedback to subsequent front end design in new subsea projects.
- Work with regional Project teams to develop Project Aftermarket Services scope in line with GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
- Work with the regional Subsea Operations and Subsea Wells teams to align existing Life of Field (LoF) Aftermarket Services with GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
- Develop strong relationship with the Suppliers' / Service providers' Regional Aftermarket Managers.
- Develop robust relationship and maintain a regular, open dialogue with the Subsea Wells Team Leader to understand ongoing Well services requirements and issues.
- Develop robust relationship and maintain a regular, open dialogue with the Subsea Operations Team Leader to understand ongoing LoF service requirements and issues.
- Work closely with the other subsea discipline engineers in both GSH and Operations to ensure alignment on technical issues and integrity standards.
- Read and understand all existing regional contracts / service orders between BP and the subsea equipment suppliers. Work to align these with the GSH Aftermarket Strategy.
- Proactively monitor progress of all subsea aftermarket activities and alert management to areas of concern regarding quality and delivery changes.
- Review and comment on technical scopes of services, scopes of work, preservation, storage and maintenance procedures, SIT / SRT testing procedures, ITPs etc. produced by the subsea GA / Tier 1 suppliers.
- Incorporate lessons learned and best practices from BP and industry.
- Read, understand, implement, and reinforce use of Company's Management of Change process.
- Proactively work with the GA / Tier 1 Suppliers in assuring they meet the company's HSE expectations.
- Input into GSH Aftermarket Weekly Report.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to all levels of the BP organisation
- A willingness and ability to work with other disciplines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An effective networker, both inside and outside of BP
- An ability to define and prioritize multiple issues
- Project management skills to include cost / benefit analysis abilities, risk assessment abilities and ability to execute small studies / reports independently
- Broad range of technical skills associated with subsea aftermarket services and operations
- Broad knowledge of subsea systems design, engineering and operation.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Assurance processes.
- Good awareness of contractual frameworks and terminology
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available