Updated: Jun 17 2012
||Plant Operations Engineer, Facility operations
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
GLNG is seeking an experienced Production Shift Superintendent to join their Downstream Operations Team. Reporting to the LNG Plant Production Manager, you will be accountable for the safe, efficient, operation of the GLNG facility by controlling the shifts activities in accordance with established policies, procedures, instructions and targets.
The Production Shift Superintendent will take on the responsibility for safety and production targets once this plant is operational. During this initial EPC stage, the Production Superintendent will help drive the development of procedures and plans for the Production team and assist with the development and implementation of competency assurance training program. You will provide technical operational input to the project teams to ensure smooth hand over of the facilities in line with the Operations Readiness program. Once operational, key accountabilities include Supervision, Production, Work Permits, Environment, Health and Safety, Emergency Response and Human Resource Management.
Key duties include:
• Ensure the operation of the LNG facility is in accordance with approved procedures, standing orders, and job hazard analyses.
• Review work quality of operations personnel to ensure a high quality of work in;
- Downtime reporting
- Work orders and fault reporting
- Shutdown planning
- Plant documentation
- Commissioning plans
- Equipment isolations
• Meet production targets, maximise productivity, minimise downtime and improve reliability by managing resources, co-ordinating activities with other departments, monitoring performance and predicting effects of changes.
• Fulfil all Permit Authority functions including authorisation of Cold Work, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry, and Excavation Work Permits.
• Provide leadership in the implementation of Environment Health and Safety Management System Standards and Environment and Safety Hazard Standards.
• Lead the response of production technicians to an emergency.
• Provide operational training to individuals and small groups, contribute to the development and revision of the Competency Based Training System and manage relationships with all stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
This is a permanent, residential role in Gladstone, Queensland. This role is initially based in Brisbane with relocation to Gladstone to occur in early 2013. During our construction and commissioning phase, there may be considerable travel involved with this role.
To be successful in this position you will hold either an engineering degree or will have a trade background (Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Fitter trades) and significant Hydrocarbon Facility operations experience (experience in LNG facilities is preferred). You must have supervisory experience of a multi skilled workforce in a shift work environment. You will also be required to obtain a MSIC Security card (Federal police clearance).
A Certificate III or IV in Process Plant Technology (PMA02 or 08) and Frontline Management qualifications would be desirable.
You will be self motivated with a strong desire to be a member of a successful, multicultural team of dedicated professionals. Strong communication skills and experience in maintenance shut down activities will complete the package.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available