Updated: May 8 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer, Cost Management Tool, Cost Engineering, Cost Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitve rates $$$
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
EC Harris, a Built Asset Consultancy with experience in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical sectors, has long term contracts to provide skilled Project Services and Contracts and Procurement Professionals globally to major International Oil Companies. We are currently seeking experienced Cost professionals at all levels for long and short term assignments on major upstream and downstream projects.
Cost Specialist - Houston, TX
To build on the current capabilities of our Houston based team we are currently seeking experienced Cost Specialist/Engineers for works across various projects including a major developments in the region with our Industry leading clients.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Develop and implement cost structure, then monitor, report and forecast project cost using SAP and other cost management tools.
· Integrate data and engineering/construction contractors to prepare monthly project reports.
· Work closely with the projects teams to monitor Management of Change process, identifying cost and schedule impacts of proposed changes and incorporating those impacts into the project forecast and budget.
· Manage the interface between Project Services and Finance plus Contract and Procurement.
· Support the development of the Work Breakdown Structure to support project delivery
· Generate accurate monthly cost reports, highlighting variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
· Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
· Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Candidates MUST have the right to work in the US with a 5/2 working week based in Houston, TX.
Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
Experience from pipeline projects desired
Minimum 8 years industry experience in cost engineering positions.
Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Working experience with SAP is required
Working experience in upstream Project Services organization.
Must have a "Team attitude", be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
Ability to work in a dynamic environment among multiple projects and ability to support ad-hoc requests
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available