Updated: May 3 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor, QA / QC / Inspection, of solid quality management background; strong analytical skills; excellent communication and organization skills.
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$87K - $110K DOE
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
A rapidly growing international manufacturer with an increasing list of Fortune 500 satisfied customers in the Petrochemicals and Plastics Industries is seeking an exceptional Quality Assurance and Environmental Health and Safety professional with strong analytical and interpersonal skills to perform a variety of quality assurance and environmental health and safety related duties. Located in Southwest Houston, TX, you will find this established company to be an exciting place to work.
Your key responsibilities in this Direct Hire position will be:
• Management of the quality department
• The hiring, training and coaching quality personnel
• Developing & maintaining policies, procedures and manuals related to the quality processes in general and ISO in particular.
• Management quality systems certifications.
• Providing product and services quality leadership through the use of Six Sigma and TQM.
• Overseeing conformance to procedures that effect quality by all employees.
• Concentrating on complaint avoidance, manages the complaint resolution process.
• Coordinating activities and initiatives with all departments, driving complaint avoidance.
• Managing the plant quality metrics and supports the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager in reporting and overreaching quality projects.
Environmental Health and Safety:
• Providing plant wide guidance and is the subject matter specialist in all environmental, health and safety related issues.
• Securing and updating all right to operate permits.
• Creating and updating all safety procedures; supports the plant manager with the proper implementation and enforcement of all environmental, health and safety related procedures.
• Maintaining all environmental, health and safety and right to operate (training) records.
• Leading the plant safety committee, facilitates all safety committee meetings.
• Serving as the primary contract for any insurance or government-related safety and right to operate inspections
Essential requirements for success include:
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering or extensive experience in the polymer compounding industry in a quality management role required.
• Requires a minimum of 7 years of solid quality management background; strong analytical skills; excellent communication and organization skills.
• Experience using MRP/ERP systems, has worked with data mining software; and strong MS Office skills.
• Trained and experience in Six Sigma, 5S, TQM and lean preferred
• Ideal candidate has a degree in occupational health and safety and is a registered or certified safety professional.
• Formal training in right-to-operate issues, environmental health and safety issues in an industrial setting or equivalent through experience.
• Experience with the manufacturing or processing of polyolefins is a must.
• Experience with managing ISO 9000 certification is a must, experience with ISO 16949 certification is highly desirable.
• Ability to understand, track, and analyze key drivers, trends, and regulations.
Pay $87K - $110K depending upon your experience. Excellent total package.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available