WTS Energy (CVS+JP) 2010
Updated: May 8 2012
||Drilling Engineering, drilling engineer, offshore
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
WTS Energy is seeking to Offshore Drilling Engineer for one of its client who is an international reputed Oil & Gas operating company to be based in Madrid.
Offshore Drilling Engineer will be delivering detailed drilling engineering for the design, planning and execution of deepwater drilling operations on new and existing offshore wells. Monitor all phases of operations, and ensure adequate risk assessment at all times. The engineer will provide engineering and operational support to help ensure that the wells are drilled and completed in a safe, cost effective, timely and environmentally responsible manner, adhering to all company core values/policies as well as regulatory requirements.
The responsibilities of Offshore Drilling Engineer will include but are not limited to the following:
- Total well planning and design, cost estimation and risk analysis, operation support to field team, HRE requirements, BOEMRE requirements and teamwork across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensure drilling programs and program amendments are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met with the timely submittal of all applications to appropriate government authorities.
- Support all phases of the drilling operations.
- Perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning.
- Travel to the field locations to monitor and participate in drilling operations and provide support to the Drilling Supervisors
- Ensure Open Well daily drilling reports are reviewed, kept up to date and accurate.
- Lead engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
- Work closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation.
- Strong commitment to Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams.
- Duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Offshore Drilling Engineer will have Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline is required. Graduate degree, a plus.
- Certification as a Professional Engineer, a plus.
- Minimum of twenty (15) total years of experience planning and drilling offshore and Onshore oil and gas wells with 5-7 years' experience in Offshore mid-deepwater operations.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of offshore pore pressure/fracture gradient prediction, drilling mechanics, directional drilling, drilling fluids, cementing, well control, formation evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, and works with minimal direction. Strong problem solving skills.
- Office environment primarily, when required will travel to the drilling rig to assist with specific evaluations/problems. May also require to travel vendor's location to witness assembly of tools/equipment or repair of equipment.
- Valid well control certificate
- May require some travel outside service area
- He/She will report directly to the Drilling and Completion Manager
- Duration : One year contract.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available