Updated: Jun 26 2012
||Geologist, Trap integrity, geologic risk, seal analysis, structural geology
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Chevron Energy Technology Company is accepting online applications for the position of Exploration Geologist - Seal and Trap Specialist, located in Houston, Texas.
Chevron Energy Technology Company, headquartered in Houston, Texas, provides energy technology solutions and services to all Chevron operations and affiliates.
The Seal and Trap Team provides exploration scale predictive reservoir stratigraphy and seals/shales stratigraphy. The job scope could expand to include development and production reservoir compartmentalization issues.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Perform development and application of Integrated Seal and Trap analysis techniques with a focus on the structural aspects of exploration-scale seal and trap issues to assess risk and uncertainty.
• Provide extensive collaboration across Chevron as the subject matter expert, as well as mentoring, consortia stewardship and course development/training.
• Master's Degree in Geology or related discipline.
• A minimum of five years directly related experience.
• Ability to evaluate and design new technology solutions.
• Skilled in evaluating trap integrity and geologic risk.
• Knowledge of fault or top seal analysis.
• Strong background in basin analysis or structural geology.
• Skilled in integrating multiple disciplines and QC diverse datasets.
• Ability to work individually and collaboratively with the technical and operations teams.
• Skilled in seismic interpretation, framework validation, and/or earth modeling (Gocad or Petrel).
• Ability and willingness to learn new software related to trap and seal analysis is required.
• PhD in Structural Geology.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available