Updated: May 2 2012
||Purchasing, Procurement , Non EU & FSU
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Baku city, Azerbaijan
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Opportunity for Azerbaijani Nationals to join a leading Oil & Gas Operator based in Azerbaijan on residential contract basis. Our client is one of the world's largest energy & petrochemical company.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manages sourcing activities, prioritizing and rebalancing against business objectives.
- Leads the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, risk mitigation and contract execution, ensuring the appropriate business involvement at all stages of the process.
- Ensures application of an end-to-end (TCO) view in all sourcing decisions.
- Shapes contractual terms and conditions, involving Legal when required, employing best practice in contracting methods to manage risk and maximize value.
- Identifies opportunities and realizes value through effective use of strategic cost management tools (eg “should cost” analysis, eAuctions).
- Drives, supports and promotes the use of Category Management common process.
- Reinforces the importance of HSSE and strives to ensure the delivery of exceptional safety performance.
- Develops, maintains and fosters effective business relationships with customer departments, contractors and, where appropriate, other operators and third parties.
- Provides coaching to line personnel in procurement process and procedure, in the application of procurement terms and conditions
- Experience as a supply chain professional in the Exploration oil and gas industry including:
- Development of RFQ/RFP's and issue of Purchase Orders;
- Development of framework and/or long term agreements;
- Understanding, mitigating and managing risk;
- Strong HSE management leadership skills;
- Good influencing and technical skills to engage internal and external stakeholders, including senior line engineers.
The ideal candidate will have:
- University degree in law/finance/economics /engineering or business administration
- Working experience in procurement (proved competency in negotiations , supplier management , market analysis)
- At least 3 years of working experience in supply chain preferably in oil and gas industry
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary, integrated teams;
- MBA or equivalent masters business degree;
- Experience of electronic procurement systems (eg., Ariba/Maximo).
- CIPS or MCIPS qualification
- High communication/presentation skills
- Engineering / or technical qualification
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available