Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the Gulf of Mexico, one of the most attractive hydrocarbon basins in the world. We have a management team noted for its technical expertise, an incomparable asset suite and the financial support of Nexen Inc., one of Canada's largest international oil and gas exploration and production companies.
Responsible for conducting regulatory compliance functions, which include gathering, analyzing, and reporting of various data as required by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Participate in the company's emergency response efforts. Act as a liaison between the Regulatory Department and various operating units, including D&C. Assist with filing and receipt of applicable governmental permits relating to the deepwater/shelf drilling, completions, and exploration processes of the Company. Office location is in Houston, Texas.
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare, receive confirmation, and communicate receipt of federal, state, and local drilling, right-of-way, and other governmental permits relating to the deepwater/shelf drilling, completions, and exploration processes in a timely fashion to prevent costly project delays;
- Develop and manage internal departmental process flows and communication of these processes, including handoffs and stakeholders;
- Develop regulatory database and manage regulatory change management process;
- Maintain all required records relating to the regulatory compliance and permitting processes;
- Coordinate exploration planning activities and facilitates preparation and submittal of various applications (SOO, SOP, EP, DOCD, DWOP, CID, APM, APD, etc.);
- Communicate closely with deepwater/shelf drilling, completions, and exploration personnel to ensure that needed permits are obtained in a timely manner;
- Maintain relationships with regulatory compliance agencies in order to obtain interpretation of regulations;
- Monitor deepwater and operating activities to ensure compliance with approved plans and permits;
- Advise Nexen personnel of applicable regulations that might impact activities (e.g., wildlife restrictions, etc.);
- Handles special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Typically requires a degree from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum of two years' experience with and general knowledge of the oil and gas industry, relevant experience may be substituted.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and co-workers, vendors, contractors and government agencies;
- Ability to work effectively with various departments, including the Land, Legal, Production, Drilling, Operations and Exploration Departments, helping them to better understand agency requirements.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume;
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and the MMS E-well System required;
- Working knowledge of SAP desirable.
Nexen Petroleum U.S.A. Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer./ Principals Only / No phone calls or emails please.