Updated: May 2 2012
||Paramedic / Nurse
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources - conventional and unconventional - through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders - it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands - at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
Reporting to the Occupational Health Supervisor, the Staff Nurse is accountable to provide specified health services to Synthetic Oil Long lake site employees and contractors.
Supports the provision of a safe and healthy workplace through the development and enhancement of employee health and wellness programs with a focus on surveillance testing.
• Deliver primary care of employee injury and illness, and provide emergency response;
• Perform all Health Surveillance Testing as required by OH&S requirements;
• Track absenteeism of Nexen employees;
• Make referrals to the Employee and Family Assistance Provider;
• Maintain inventory control for both Health Services and Emergency Response;
• Provide follow-up treatments for all employees on a modified return to work program;
• Provide health teaching to all employees;
• Monitor employees' health conditions;
• Provide coverage for the shift nurses as required;
• Must be able to fulfill the required duties of a shift nurse;
• Provide Advance Cardiac Life Support in accordance with OH&S regulations.
• Bachelor's level nursing degree or nursing diploma with certification completed in Occupational Health Nursing or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience;
• Must be registered or eligible for registration in Alberta with CARNA;
• Valid B.C.L.S certification required;
• Valid A.C.L.S and I.T.L.S certification required;
• An Occupational Health certificate/diploma preferred;
• Valid certification in Audiometrics and Pulmonary Function Testing preferred;
• Candidates should possess 3 - 5 years' experience in Occupational Health or Emergency experience;
• Working knowledge of computerized health documentation;
• Strong interpersonal, health assessment, and computer skills;
• Able to prioritize patient care according to level of acuity;
• Able to work independently in critical situations;
• Strong decision making/problem solving abilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Display excellent leadership skills in emergency situations.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available