Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 11 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Gretna, LA, US
||Ref # 74525432
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Construction Manager is accountable for the safety, quality, integrity, timely completion and cost of the field construction work. This includes assembly of the necessary project team, constructability reviews during design phase, tender and award of equipment, materials and construction contracts, contractor selection and prequalification, mobilization of personnel to site(s), ongoing management and supervision of construction, construction completion and preparation for commissioning.
Authoring and implementing the site Safety Management System delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for company and contractor personnel.
* Establishing a strong safety culture on site, taking a leadership role and demonstrating safety commitment through contact with Company and contractor site personnel, and frequent use of safety leading indicators. This includes direct participation in workforce training and orientation, field auditing, pre-task planning, meetings, and incident investigation.
* Working with the Safety Manager to bridge the project specific safety management system, including site specific policies and procedures with the operating facility's safety management system and safe practices.
* Authoring the site specific Construction Management Plan which details the management systems and staffing through which the project scope will be completed.
* Influencing design engineering work to ensure execution of construction scope in the safest and most cost efficient manner.
* Recruiting and managing the site team. This includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non-destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging/heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, material control, and logistics.
* Implementing all logistical and human resource solutions associated with mobilizing site teams, including offices, infrastructure, information technology, communications, transportation, training, procedures, and medical facilities.
* Developing and implementing the contracting strategy for the scope of work.
* Identification and pre-qualification of candidate fabricators/contractors and major package assembly sites.
* Developing and compiling scope of work contract documentation, specifying tender requirements and review of draft contract terms. Conducting site job walks to define the contract scope, bid clarification, award and kick-off meetings. Leads bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts.
* Implementing site QA/QC Management Systems that establish a quality driven culture at the site. Includes utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate.
* Reviewing and approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis. Ensuring accuracy of progress statements. Specifying and negotiating progress recovery measures with contractor as appropriate. Managing change orders.
* Ensuring that the project work has no impact to the daily operations of the facility, such as unplanned shutdowns or extension of planned shutdown activities.
* Providing support to plant operations personnel in the pre-commissioning and startup stages of the newly installed/revamped facilities.
* Specifying & securing approval for site team budget.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Experience in the operation and maintenance of petroleum processing facilities & Other industry construction experience may qualify
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available