Updated: May 2 2012
||Project Management, applications engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||£0.00 per annum
||Calgary Region, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client requires an Applications Engineer to work in their Calgary office on a permanent basis. Responsible to provide front-end engineering, estimating, and technical support for gas field compression equipment (reciprocating and screw) for the domestic and international market.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the design and performance of gas compression equipment;
- Ensuring deliverability and reliability of suppliers to meet Customer's specifications and time table.
- Managing Scope definition, specification review, cost estimation, preparation of detailed, accurate technical and commercial proposals.
- Understanding of codes and standards in the global markets we are active in.
- Providing technical assistance / procedural assistance to our offices and staff around the world.
- Providing mentorship to junior staff members.
- Interfacing with all operational departments. Engineering / Production - through the quoting process. Engineering / Design - proper scope definition and approval drawing assistance.
- Maintaining customer relationships; participate in client clarification meetings as required.
- Position may require travel.
- Product development / packaging improvements to provide a more cost effective package for both domestic and export markets.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Engineering degree and/or ASET professional designation coupled with 2 to 3 years of experience in gas compression.
- Experience with rotating machinery and fabrication of process equipment an asset.
- Project management experience is an asset.
- Customer-centered, able to maintain satisfied customer relationships and is profit focused.
- Track record of successfully resolving technical problems with a desire and ability to learn.
- Organized and exhibits sound attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Petroplan is a global organisation which delivers recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support throughout the oil and energy industry.
Our outstanding reputation for placing high-calibre technical personnel within permanent and contract positions is based on Petroplan's tailored service offering which provides optimal results.
We have regional offices within Canada, Europe, the Middle East, USA, Asia-Pacific and India from which all our key competencies are delivered. In collaboration with our strategic partners, Petroplan currently supports clients and personnel throughout forty countries.
Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies operating globally, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available