Updated: Sep 7 2012
||Production Engineering, Stimulation , Workover or Completion, reservoir, economic analysis, Petroleum Engineer, workover and completion, stimulation
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||115 - 145k, bonus
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Production Engineer We are searching for a Production Engineer to work out of our Houston Offices. The Production Engineer will will have 4 plus years in Production and Operations with the oil and gas industry. The Production Engineer is responsible for maximizing production and profitability of oil and gas properties thru assessing the associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells. Responsibilities of the Production Engineer:
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Liaising with geologists in interpreting well logs in order to assess the amount and quality of oil, the depth at which resources lie, and the equipment needed to properly extract them.
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys.
- Pump selection and design.
- Production Surveillance.
- Monitor the production trend and design stimulation programs in order to maximize the oil recovery.
- Plan work over to increase the production trend.
- Provide technical support to operations.
- Determine reservoir performance for different recovery techniques using decline curve analysis and various other models.
- Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- Research, design and implement appropriate secondary and tertiary projects including production forecasts and economic analysis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Production/Engineering Manager.
Client is a strong mid-size independent; financially solid and aggressive. Maybe the perfect size for someone tired of working with the oil giants.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available