Swift World Wide Resources
Updated: Aug 21 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Hobbs, NM, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
• Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes to ensure compliance with company policy and all federal, state, and local HSE regulations
• Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
• Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure HSE regulation compliance
• Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures and help ensure actions from RCAs and investigations are completed
• Implement and administer company policies and procedures adhering to local state and federal environmental HSE regulations.
• Support and participate in behavior based safety program
• Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing with Operations and HSE leadership
• Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents
• Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health and safety inspection violations
• Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
• Support and assist operations in the implementation of Key Energy's Safety Management System
• Continuously improve health and safety awareness, management, compliance and statistical safety results
• Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas, and work procedures and makes HSE recommendations accordingly
• Assist Training department in the development of training materials; may conduct training
• Assist legal counsel in post incident follow up and manage interaction with government agencies.
• Other related duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
• Five or more years experience in safety related field in oil or heavy industry
• Knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations
• Familiarity with API and other industry recommended practices, policies and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and business intelligence applications (OBIEE, etc)
• Knowledge of industry safety training (First Aid/CPR, Confined Space, etc.)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available