Cost Engineer: Project Control Advisor (Senior Cost/Estimating En
Updated: May 15 2012
||Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Velosi Group, founded in 1982, provides quality assurance and quality control services to a number of leading national and multinational oil and gas companies. The Velosi Group operates globally through four principal offices in the USA, the UK, Malaysia and the UAE and has operational or representative offices in a further 27 countries worldwide.
Our Houston, TX office is currently seeking a Cost Engineer: Project Control Advisor (Senior Cost/Estimating Engineer)
• Support the implementation and demonstrate leadership of the Project's Behaviors Based culture on the Downstream Project
• Support delivery of assigned Project OE actions, support the cascading of OE throughout the Downstream Business Team Personnel and Organization
• Support the Downstream Business Team organizational structure and staffing required to complete Phase 4 execution and closeout
• Deliver role as Downstream Cost Engineer.
• Support appropriate external resources required for the Downstream Cost/Project Controls to complete Phase 4 deliverables (PRC , ETC, contractors) Technical / Project Management / Interface
• Support the implementation of the Cost Engineering processes, procedures and systems within the Downstream Project Team (e.g. PSG, PCP, KCM, CBS)
• Support and Maintain Phase 4 Cost procedures (VOWD, Trending, Forecasting, Contingency Management, Personnel Management)
• Support proper operations of DS project Cost Control System
• Support the Phase 4 budget development
• Deliver Downstream Cost Engineering for Contractor Professional Services, Subcontracts & Purchase Orders, Owners Costs & Owners Subcontracts (Cost Control, analysis, change control, forecasting and reporting
• Support the validation of Contractor Progress Measurement, Analysis & Forecast data for Cost Engineering.
• Support reporting on Owner's team staffing level and trends
• Support the implementation of the Trend Management System
• Support the Phase 4 budget development for Contractor KPI's & Fixed Fee.
• Support Class 4 & 5 Estimates development.
• Support the Downstream's project reporting requirements
• Support development of Project Closeout Plan
• Support DS cost closeout and external benchmarking for Contractor Subcontracts, Owners Costs & Owners Subcontracts.
• Support Finance in delivery of Phase 4 accounting systems, expenditure monitoring and reporting
• Support the Audit of Contractor Cost Reporting (forecasting, commitment, cost analysis, trending) Primary Interfaces
• PST: Business Team Lead(s), Project Controls Manager, Lead Cost Engineer, Cost Engineer(s), Estimator, Trend Engineer, Lead Scheduler, Schedulers, Reporting Coordinator, Quantity Surveyor, Project Services Technician, Project Controls Lead(s), & Cost/Planning Engineer(s).
• Support and Interface with Delivery Area Managers to assist with accurate project cost control, forecasting & reporting
• Support and Interface with Procurement Team to define work scopes and budgets and to control commitments.
• Contractor Project Controls Group
• Central PC, PRC and Finance Teams
EDUCATION: BS preferred or equivalent experience BSc (UK)
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years
Velosi Ltd was established in 1982. By utilizing the services of our sister company, Intec (UK) we are capable of delivering Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Ongoing requirements include; ATEX Inspector, Civil Engineers, Coating Inspector, Commissioning Engineers, Drilling Engineer, Electrician, HSE, Inspectors, Instrument Engineer/Technicians, Labourer, Mechanic, Mechanical & Electrical Engineer/Fitters, Operator, Pipeline Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Piping Engineer/Supervisor/Inspector, Planning Engineers, Process Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Manager, QA/QC Engineer/Managers, Quantity Surveyors/Cost Engineers/Project Controls/Estimators, Riggers, Safety Advisor/Officer/Engineers, Site Managers, Supervisor/Superintendents, Turbine Engineer/Fitters and many more.
Velosi Intec is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available