Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: Jul 2 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Lafayette, LA, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Deepwater Drilling Engineer- Lafayette, LA
The Company: An independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company that is rapidly growing and making a mark in the industry.
Working with this company offers:
• Outstanding benefits
• Opportunity for career growth
• "Small enough company to effect the bottom line, while large enough to play with industry"
• Lucrative bonus opportunities yearly
• Stock Options
• Generous sick and vacation leave
The Role You Will Play:
• Support the operations manager, and the company's DW Asset Teams in value creation
• Screen and mature internal Drilling & Completion development projects, primarily surrounding the "Pompano Asset" and provide technical reviews on non-operated development projects
• Assess the cost, schedule, risks & opportunities for each project
• Assess the Company's legacy deepwater wells for re-entry and/or workover opportunities and evaluate the well integrity during completion and production using requisite design engineering software such as StressCheck & WellCat
• Primarily responsible for generating the final completion design basis for wells along with cost estimates, AFE, procedures, and drilling permits
• During operations, responsible for performance monitoring and contingency planning to assure project objectives are met
• After operations, will assist in post job analysis, recording lessons learned, and close out of issues related to vendors, regulatory and HSE issues
• BS degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of deepwater well planning/operational engineering
• In addition to the 3 years of deepwater experience, a minimum of 5 additional years of industry experience in the Gulf of Mexico well operations (8 yrs. Total)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available