Roevin Technical Recruitment
Updated: May 3 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Calgary Alberta, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our client is a rapidly growing and well-capitalized energy company headquartered in Calgary focused on oil sands development in the Athabasca region of Alberta, Canada. The company owns a 100% working interest in 800 square miles of oil sands leases which are estimated to contain in excess of six billion barrels of oil in place and approximately three billion barrels of recoverable resource.
With growth comes opportunity and there is a current need for a Procurement Lead to fill a full time contract position based in Calgary, Alberta.
Contribute to our client's success in the execution of its SAG-D capital development program by supporting the Phase 3A Project SCM Manager in ensuring that all Project-specific procurement activities and agreements meet company requirements from strategic, tactical and performance perspectives.
• Responsible for leading and supporting all Project-specific procurement activities as directed by the respective Project SCM Manager, with functional support from the Projects Procurement Manager, while ensuring all requirements properly comply with company Energy's policies, procedures and strategies.
• Facilitate, develop and enable Project procurement strategies in support of the Project execution plan and Projects' overall execution and market strategies
• Consult and coordinate with internal sourcing and Vendor of Choice specialists and EP contractor procurement teams
• Provide commercial review and approval of all documents in accordance with company's delegation of authority and the project approved requirements
• Oversee EP contractor performance of full procurement life cycle, including sourcing, expediting and administration, compliance, performance, disputes, and audits.
• Monitor commitment and procurement progress reporting by the EP house
• Develop and report on all 'Value Creation' initiatives
• Monitor progress of procurement activities to the schedule
• Facilitate and maintain strong, positive business relations with all key vendors
• Provide oversight and guidance to the EP contractor for Project-specific procurement activities:
o Ensure procurement compliance to the MEG/EP agreement
o Contribute to and review project execution/procedures/coordination manuals (as appropriate)
o Vendor pre-qualification process (ISNetworld)
o Develop/refine procurement processes; including a Continuous Performance Improvement component
o Streamline reporting; oversee development and adherence of purchasing schedule
o Ensure timely reporting of Key Performance Indicators
• Support the Phase 3A Project and SCM Managers in other initiatives and activities as may arise
• A relevant Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• PMAC certification an asset
• 10+ years of project related procurement; Oil & Gas or EPC sectors
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Contract Law and Contract procedures
• Can prepare comprehensive reports
• Works in detail but can comprehend the ''big picture''
• Can work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and persuasively communicate ideas, issues and recommendations.
• Highly ethical and self-motivated, Goal oriented
• Strong attention to detail
We thank all applicants however, due to volume, only those moving forward in the recruitment process will be contacted for this position at this time. Your resume will be added to our database for consideration of future opportunities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available