Petrofac Integrated Energy Services
Updated: May 4 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Well Control
||Woking, United Kingdom
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The Senior Drilling Engineer will work for the Integrated Energy Services Technical Centre in Woking reporting to the Chief Well Engineer.
This role will be responsible for providing timely, well-considered, technically sound drilling engineering-based advice to multiple in-house clients, as well as presenting the results of studies to external stakeholders. Capable of leading teams and taking on additional responsibilities as and when required.
- Support business development activities by providing drilling engineering advice to assist with technical and commercial evaluation of upstream investment opportunities and on occasion lead technical teams (internal and third party) in their assessment of such opportunities.
- Support asset teams by providing drilling-engineering advice to challenge and assure quality of team's technical work.
- Provide technical support to the asset teams for well construction problems and challenges (troubleshooting).
- Provide technical input to the IES Global well construction design practices and standards.
- Provide technical input to the IES Well Engineering Competence System.
- Maintain in-depth and current industry knowledge with respect to technology and best practices.
- Mentor junior professionals to assist them to develop skills and experience.
- Ensure that scope/quality of technical work is consistent with commercial decision upon which the work relies.
- Be willing/able to represent Petrofac at technical/industry forums and present at conferences as and when appropriate.
- Supervisory: May be asked on occasion to lead technical teams (internal and third party).
- Office based role with moderate travel, enabling the person to perform the role locally as well as centrally.
Required Skills and experience:
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- MSc in Petroleum Engineering
- IWCF or WellCap Subsea Supervisors Well Control Certificate Holder
- Offshore training
- Experience of rig site supervision of drilling operations
- Experience in well design, planning, programming and AFE development
- Knowledge of industry best practices associated with drilling and completions
- Understanding of casing design and well control techniques
- Ability to use industry standard well engineering software packages beneficial (e.g. Landmark StressCheck, WellCat, WellPlan, Compass, OpenWells, etc)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available